CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Utah County

toisondor

Thanks to your comments under 'Landscapes', I've felt encouraged to try to do a little more with BW. Here are some attempts at converting some more landscapes using SPP (with some touch up in PS).

These are all SD14 18-50mm EX Macro (#1 @18, the others @50mm), ISO 100.

Jesse

Attachments

• RockCanyon01BWs.jpg
    RockCanyon01BWs.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 10
  • RockCanyon04BWs.jpg
    RockCanyon04BWs.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 6
  • RockCanyon07BWs.jpg
    RockCanyon07BWs.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 5

toisondor

These two were shot with 150mm EX Macro + 2xTC.

Jesse

Attachments

• Timp02BWs.jpg
    Timp02BWs.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 7
  • LoneTreeBWs.jpg
    LoneTreeBWs.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 5

Robert.4507

Thanks for sharing Jesse!! These are very nice pictures!!! :)

Truly remarkable landscape. There is an abundance of detail and you compose it very well. I am certain that I will be back to this post to take another look!

good luck shooting more landscapes,

Robert

akv

Excellent work Jesse. The snowy mountain pic is incredible.
Beautiful pics.
Thanks for sharing!

toisondor

Thanks for your kind comments. The snow-blown peaks were shot through my thick, very green (and not very clean) office window. I had just received the 2x converter and was eager to see what it could see.

Robert.4507

Thats the view from your office window?!!? I am very envious. That would be very relaxing to have as a view during the day. :)

jasonh

I don't have a window in my cube, but my office area has a really nice view (if you can see around the generator shack) of a mountain peak...

toisondor

Yes, well, that's my view at 300mm.

Here's the 18mm view (SD14 18-50mm EX). Still, it is great to be able to watch the weather and light constantly change as they move across Mt. Timpanogas.

Attachments

• window.jpg
    window.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 5

akv

Lucky! Lol.
I've got a friend in Reno and her view out the backyard is mountains.
You should move the plants out of the way, the buildings set against the mountain and sky would make it an even more striking picture.
That's a pretty sharp and bright lens!

toisondor

It's certainly true that the picture would look better without the plants. But when I'm sitting in my office, I prefer to hide the buildings with the plants.

Jesse

Robert.4507

Jesse,

The sky, the clouds, the flat lines of the rooftops holding the pattern of the bldg on the left contrast the bold white lines on the right, with silhouted plants in the foreground. That's tough stuff!! :z02_respekt:

BTW, I look forward to viewing all the white caps that you will post! :)

good luck with your pictures,

Robert