DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Today with your Pentax

I'm less brave than I used to be... I maybe didn't know enough to show respect, although nobody ever complained. Here's a couple from my youth...
I have more, but probably should try to show more current work, which I sometimes think isn't as good Darn........ :cry:

Legion of Honor Museum, San Francisco, c. 1970s
FS_048_N061_PICT0308.JPG
  • Wolverine - 96660
  • 2.8 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/14 sec
  • Average
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 50

South of Market reconstruction, San Francisco, c.1970s
FS_052_N088_PICT0316b.JPG
  • Wolverine - 96660
  • 2.8 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/17 sec
  • Average
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 50

Thanks a lot for the compliment, RBIV! Thanks for viewing.

Right after posting yesterday's images, I packed up my gear and went out shooting again. This time I kept most of my images. Here's a couple.

I was shooting this at waist level with live view on the most excellent adjustable rear screen. I'm not very brave about photographing strangers, so I didn't wait as long as I should have for this guy to get bigger in the frame.

Stranger by Jason Doss, on Flickr
Pentax K-1 mII Limited Silver and Pentax-M 50mm f1.4 at f11, 1/60s, and ISO 100

Great photo of the elderly gentleman on the path!

Thank you Jason. Hope to get out one day this week, so I hope I get something recent worth posting.

Here's today's catch.

Grass Lilies by Jason Doss, on Flickr
Pentax K-1 mII Limited Silver and Pentax-M 50mm f1.7 with 26mm auto-extension tube taken at f9.5, 1/125s, and ISO 400

Landscape by Jason Doss, on Flickr
Pentax K-1 mII and Pentax-M* 300mm f4.0 taken at f8.0, 1/350s, and ISO 200

Great . . thanks for these two. Lets keep some activity going on this site if we can Pentax Shooters Pentaxians. It displays images really well i think on my screen :geek:

Great . . thanks for these two. Lets keep some activity going on this site if we can Pentax Shooters Pentaxians. It displays images really well i think on my screen :geek:
My plan is to continue posting one or two shots of the day here as well as at Pentax Forums, where I am participating in the Daily-In Challenge. If you're interested in taking and posting one image per day for the month of May, check out the challenge. Or, we could try and do something like that here as a group. Cheers!

Back