DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Coolpix 2100

Z

z0me1

Hi all!
Well, I've godt som problems transfering my pictures from the camera, to the computer!

As written in the manual, I should just go installing the Nikon View software, and connect the camera with the USB cable! The computer where then suppossed to register the camera in the Windows Device Manager automatically (by the way what is this, and where do I find it?), and then the Nikon Transfer box should just pop up!

BUT MY TRANSFER BOX DOES NOT POP UP AUTOMATICALLY, AND WHEN I OPEN NIKON VIEW, AND CLICKING ON Tools >> Launch Nikon Transfer, an box pops up with the text :

"There is no CF card i the camera or the reader"

AND THAT IS NOT TRUE, BECAUSE I'VE GOT A MEMORY CARD FULL OF PICTURES INSIDE THE CAMERA!

So can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Please help me here, or send an email to:

z0me1@hotmail.com

Thanks, Victor D.

Which Operativ System?
Device manager can you find at Controlpanel/System/Hardware/Devices and there your USB ports are registered.
If everything is ok, you don't need to start NikonView. Just connect the USB cable to the right USB port and your card reader( I connect it to my CoolPix 995 and I am using Windows XP Pro). Than switch on your camera (or card reader. I never used card readers...)
If NikonViewer is correct installed it pops up automatically and you can see your pictures. Than you can start the Transfer. Don't forget to setup the transfer mode, target map, file format etc.
All this is regarding NikonView 4.
NikonView 6.01 is slighly different, and I can tell you that I liked NV 4. NV 6 is a bit complicated to set up, but has more funktions.
Regards,
"Daizy"

Hi Fred!

My operating system is Windows ME! But can you tell me why the box with the text :

"There is no CF card i the camera or the reader"

appears? What really pisses me off ;-) is that Nikon View, do not pop up automatically! In the help index, under trouble shooting, I've checked all the cases that could be able to solve my problem, but nothing seems to be working! I think that the two problems are bond!?!?
Thanks!

And oops, by the way! Where do I setup the Transfer Mode as you told me? :p

Victor,
In the Nikon View 6.01, which I have installed in my machine, I get the same error â€There is no CF card in the connected camera or the card reader†“OK†and of course the red “error Xâ€
IF the camera IS NOT connected.
I’m afraid you’ve an installation error in your computer.
Check to find: C:\Program\Nikon\NkView6 or 4 if you’ve installed it. I suppose you have a Danish WindowsME. If not, seek the C:\Program Files\…
NikonView should install all the required drivers.
You can check the auto start routine in your computer: Go to Start\Run (Start\Kör) and type MSCONFIG and run it. In the Auto start menu you can find the NkvMon.exe.
If you don’t have it installed, try to add it in your Start\Program\Auto start map a pointer to this file (C:\Program\Nikon\NkView6\NkvMon.exe )
You can try to start this file manual and than switch on your camera. Than NikonView should start up, and will jump to the transfer-screen. You can configure it there, and start.
If you get the error than I’m afraid there is a faulty USB connection or configuration.
Check it out in the Control panel\System\Hardware\Devices. You can see the USB units. Click the “+†to expand it and you’ll see all your installed USB ports. Check the Properties to see if they work.

Let me know if this works.
Send me a private mail via the forum and I’ll send you my e-mail address.

Regards
Fred.

Even though I run the file path refering to NkvMon.exe, connect and turn on the camera, nothing happens!

More guess:
Is the camera output OK?
Is the Flash card OK?
Did you try another flash card containing images?
Does the USB port work?
If you have an USB printer, disconnect the printer and attache the camera (Assume you know that the camera MUST be turned off when connect)
If nothing helps, you can try to uninstall and reinstall the camera drivers and/or NikonView you've got with your camera CD.
If not even this helps nor I can :)
Regards
Fred

The lens cover looks jammed due some liquid on that... I would like to know how to clean that.
I cannot and I do not want to send than to repair because this should be a commun problem.
Nikon assistance said to ship to repair..
Does anybody has another idea?

i took some pictures with the time/date imprint function turned on. now i want to download the images without the time/date imprint. can i do so and how?

jschwell

Hi: I got a problem, i have taken near 200 photos with my nikon 2100 and now i recive an error message that tell me that the card is not formatted?, i dont want to lose mi photos, i don't want to format the memory, does anybody knows how to recover the memory?

Back