DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Hello!

MR.FEESH

Hello all!

After doing a great deal of research, I'm moving from an advanced P&S (Panasonic Lumix FZ50) to a Sigma DSLR rather than a Nikon/Canon/Pentax etc. I don't have one yet, as I am waiting for the release of the SD15. I have received emails from the info email on Sigma's website saying they are predicting a spring release. Many are suggesting this year's PMA (Feb 21-23) could be the perfect occasion. I hope so-- I don't want to wait any longer. Hopefully Sigma will crack down on their quality control standards so the SD15 doesn't give its users as much trouble as the SD14 did, meaning I won't have too many posts in the help forums. If they made the necessary improvements, we could be looking at a very nice camera.
Hope to get so,e posts in soon with a new DSLR around my neck!

MR.FEESH

Hi Mr Feesh,
Good choose!
maybe you already find many info...
well, my opinion ...Sigma it's the only camera with something unique, different from other brands ...Foveon sensor, when making comparison with a guy that using a 5D, the SD14 always get something more, colors, incredible 3D effect, sometimes I don't understand if I'm watching through an hole somewhere outside, and I wake up ...it's my monitor!!! :) :)
...I really think nothing it's better today than the Foveon.

The SD15 obviously will cost much more than SD14, and have not many differences.

I only wish someday, Sigma and Foveon make a Fullframe Sensor or more, like 6x6 format

....dreaming now

Hi Mr Feesh,
Good choose!
maybe you already find many info...
well, my opinion ...Sigma it's the only camera with something unique, different from other brands ...Foveon sensor, when making comparison with a guy that using a 5D, the SD14 always get something more, colors, incredible 3D effect, sometimes I don't understand if I'm watching through an hole somewhere outside, and I wake up ...it's my monitor!!! :) :)
...I really think nothing it's better today than the Foveon.

The SD15 obviously will cost much more than SD14, and have not many differences.

I only wish someday, Sigma and Foveon make a Fullframe Sensor or more, like 6x6 format

....dreaming now

If Sigma makes the necessary changes in the SD15 (I don't have to list the numerous problems that SD14 has-- its strengths and weaknesses are equally as apparent), then they might attract enough attention from customers which would certainly help the push for a full frame sensor DSLR that all Sigma lover want. In other words, if Sigma has been making all the needed improvements in the past 2ish years for the SD15, you dreaming has a very legitimate chance of becoming a reality.

Back