DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Blue dots

krotthow

Does somebody of you has any idea, what caused this blue dots in some of my images. Because they occur only on a few pictures of my last two rolls, I don't think they are caused by the camera or lens. They are also in different positions
I dont't know to blame the film (too old?) or the lab.
466415.jpg

Hi Karsten

Can you show the whole picture and mark the areas containing the blue dots and stripes?

Greets
M;los

Hi Milos,

here are two photos with the dots marked.

466426.jpg

This is the one from which you can see the enlarged detail above.

466427.jpg

On this one I marked two dots. This kind of dots occured in 15-20% of the images on my last two rolls of film. I used only two different lenses.

Karsten

The blue dots are random enough that they did not appear to me from the camera and lenses. you should try different lab and new film next time for a control test.

Hi Karsten

Hmm, I don't know exactly. Probably it is the film and/or the lab (I would prefer to believe the first), but it might be also something else. Is it, perhaps, possible that your scanner did the faults? Once I had a defective device which caused a yellow cast on the one side of the scan. Although the error position looks pretty random to me. Was there perhaps some dust on the film while scanning? Did you try rescanning?

Just a few thoughts...
happy.gif

Cheers
M;los

Hi Milos,

it can't be the scanner, because the dots are clearly visible on the slides with a loupe.
I will try new films and will send a few of the old films to an other lab. Perhaps I will find the cause.

Karsten

Back