DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Fall Leaf

akv

On my first few outings with the SD 14 with 18-125 DC lens. Taken in the fall. JPEG Hi. Straight out of the camera.
I'm always amazed by the fine detail I get from this camera, and it's true that you do get spoiled from it. I was checking out examples from other cameras and I notice the fine-line details are lacking when compared to the SD 14. I believe this is where some of that "3D" effect comes from, the textures stand out more on the Foveon Sensor.

Thanks!

Attachments

• fall leaf.JPG
    EXIF
    fall leaf.JPG
    346.7 KB · Views: 15
AKV, Great shot....you should try to shoot RAW and then convert it to jpg....you will find the color and textures will actually come out better than the SD14 on jpg mode....also with the Sigma software you will have more control over the colors and details when using the RAW format...

Tony C.

Thanks Tony,
I do shoot only in Raw format now. When I first got the SD 14 I was used to shooting in jpeg with my other digital camera so I figured I'd just do that. It's incredible the amount of control you can get from Raw.

Yes...I usually do all that I can in the sigma software then save it as a JPG then take it into PS or Aperture...to further edit the pictures if needed....most don't...I don't like to manipulate my pictures too much....

I look forward to seeing more of your posts...

Tony C.

Thanks again Tony, I do all my post work in SPP. I don't know how to use any of the other programs. And I too don't like doing to much to a picture, but in Raw they can all use some help!

I was interested in finding some other programs that would give me better control and options over Raw, although I'm in no hurry SPP does it great for me.

Nice composure! The shadow adds an interesting aspect, and then the veins of the leaf contrast with the texture stones in the concrete. Nice photo!

SPP does seem to do an amazing job. There have been photos that I thought I did not have much hope for using, and spp did its thing and they turn out to be quite usable. Likewise, I look forward to seeing more of your photos!

good luck with your pictures,

Robert

Back