CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

WANTED German made Contax lenses

Trader history for grumpoid (0)

grumpoid

Hi,

I am looking to find the following Contax C/Y mount lenses, but 'made in Germany' only. (I have Japan made ones)

Contax Zeiss 28/2.8, 35/2.8, 45/2.8 & 100/3.5.

Thanks Steve.M. (UK)

jsmisc

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry I can't help but it is lovely to find there is still life in the Contax forum.

Cheers,
John

biggles3

CI-Supporter
Hi again Steve,

Hope you got the link to the ebay 35mm.

As far as I can tell, while there were West German versions of the 35, 45 and 100 3.5, apart from the first production s&les of the 28mm, all the rest of them were made in Japan. If anything like a couple of dozen West German 28 AE lenses ever made it out to the wider market (and then probably only in Germany) I'd be surprised.

Good luck! I'll keep an eye out for the others - did you bid for the 35mm?

Cheers,
Graham

grumpoid

Hi,

John....I intend to inject some more posts soon...

Graham, thanks for the link, but I received it too late to bid....damn. I did see a West German 28/2.8 on evilbay about two years back, but stupidly forgot to bid. I thought the AEG 100/3.5's were also producton s&les?

cheers Steve.M.

biggles3

CI-Supporter
Hi Steve,

Sorry I didn't spot the German 35mm lens a little earlier.

Like you, I thought that there were no 100mm f3.5s made in West Germany as part of standard production but apparently a few hundred were made there and I do recall a young lady in the UK selling one of them on ebay about 3 years ago.

Cheers,

Graham

manolisk

Made in Germany....

Are you still looking for a German-made Zeiss lens? I have the Zeiss 100/2.0 MM in as-new/mint condition. Pls let me know. You can use my usernameatspidernetdotnet