DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax G2

Jack,

please look in the G3 thread for any questions regarding the G3.

dirk

Harbert & Ron,

Thanks for your advice (and to the others who sent direct e-mails). I have tried all of your suggestions to no avail. In doing so however I noticed that the lens barrel was not extending/contracting when the body focussed. The contacts between lens and body look perfect so I took the camera into a store I trust - the guy there fussed with it for 15 mins or so then pronounced that it would need to go to Contax for repair. He thought it was likely to be a problem with the lens. Will let you know of the result.

Thnaks again,

Peter

Hi all!

I would like to buy a G2 for documentary style photography. It's great to read all the postings about the G2. These have answered most of the questions I had. But I still have questions... Would you tell me more about the accuracy of framing a picture. I am used to a 100 procent viewfinder and precise framing - is it possible with the G2? Would you share your experiences with fill-in flash with TLA360? Could I use a Metz flash off the G2 with a connection cord? I appreciate your responses.

I have been tempted to buy TLA 360 for better flash performance with my G2. I know the TLA 280 works well. Can anyone tell whether the TLA 360 also works with the G2? Are there any limitations?

>I too am considering an autofocus contax. How does the G1/2 compare with the N1/NX? Thank you very much in advance.

FYI

the new Contax Photo Gallery of Contaxinfo.com is now online. For more information please look at the Hot news folder in the forum.

Dirk

Peter,
All of the TLA flashes work with the G2 including the 360 which I just ordered but haven't received as yet.
Harbert

Hi all,

The focus lock button does the focus lock thingy as intended to. But I noticed also that if you don't press the shutter button half way for the initial AF, it will also AF normally when you press the AF-lock button first. Is that normal? Can I use this button to AF separately (to lock and hold focus) and then use the shutter button to trigger the shutter while holding the AF-lock button? I'm thinking of using it like a separate AF-On button like whats available on the Nikon F100.

John.

John,
Yes indeed you can set and lock the focus using the thumb button. Try playing with the camera while it is unloaded to get the hang of it.

Clive

Can someone tell me which mode of focussing is better to use to capture a moving target? CAF or SAF? I have used both on the street to capture people walking towards me. I am renting the G2 for a week to see how I like it. I have not gotten any film developed yet and was wondering what other G2 users do. The camera seems to operate and the shutter fire in both modes. But the camera seems to have a harder time locking focus in CAF than in SAF. Any help would be appreciated. (And yes I have read the manaul 3 times.) Thanks

Back