DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Hummingbird Moth

Joe Trimarchi

I recently purchased an Olympus 60mm Macro Lens and I'm finding it a bit difficult to handhold for close shots. At 78 years old I have a moderate tremor in my hands along with being a little unsteady on my feet. When I'm holding this for closeups, including using a Monopod, I notice I sway forward and back so the subject is in and out of focus as you can see in this shot where I had the lens wide open at F2.8 and not much is in sharp focus even though it has been cropped and post processed including sharpening. In post I deliberately reduced the whites, contrast etc. on the pink flowers as they were a little overexposed. I guess I'm going to have to have to try using my Tripod, along with smaller aperture and higher ISO and faster shutter speed.

Exposure time 1/500 s
Aperture 2.8
Focal length 60 mm
ISO Sensitivity 200
Exposure bias 0.30
Metering mode Center-weighted average
Exposure mode Manual exposure
White balance Automatic
Exposure program Aperture priority
Camera make OM Digital Solutions
Camera model OM-1
Lens OLYMPUS M.60mm F2.8 Macro