DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

CONTAX CY lenses on Canon EOS Bodies

for something like weddings, at my skill level (low. ed) i would find film very scarey! a lot is riding on whether you get it right or not and digital seems like a good sure way that you have "something" at the end of the day.

of course this is why im not a pro photographer, getting the shot right at the right time is what you guys get paid for! then again, you know this already.
talker.gif

Actually, getting it right with film is just as easy or easier than with digital. Shooting digital at a wedding is more like shooting slide film than negs. because of the greater margin for exposure error with neg. film.

Most wedding work (other than the formal shots) is one shot, that's it. When the bride walks down the aisle with her dad, you get one shot ... no time to chimp the LCD and re-shoot. Same for a zillion other "one of" shots.

I've found that the Hasselblad 503CW, using either a hand held meter or the metered prism in conjunction with their D40 flash is almost fool proof. Even the lab guys say I have the most accurately exposed films of anyone they do work for... thanks to Victor Hasselblad.

Marc, I've been trying to work out how to engage the macro mode on my 70-210mm but it's got me stumped. I can't focus close than 6ft.
What do I have to do?

Cheers,
Matt

Ah! Got it!

I don't like to force delicate instruments, but a bit more pressure and 'clunk' - there we go.
Thanks anyway.

That shot is definitely oozing with available light - beauteous feel and gargantuan tonal range, Marc!

Hey, when the day is done, you want nice pics and you want to have had fun taking those pics. Whatever gets you those things is the right setup!

Hey! Wait a minute! Did you cheat and use fill flash????!!! The humanity!!!
biggrin.gif

And Dj gets the cigar !!! Yes available light, Yes a touch of fill. Why the Hasselblad? 1/500th sync in bright light.

Unrelated: Irakly and I spent the entire day going through my gear vault. Good friend that he is, he is going to be handling the sale of a ton of gear for me. Including a minty mint N1 with data back; A pristine N50/1.4 with hood; a ND at a bargain price !!!!! because of some hot pixels that only show up in RAW not tiffs or j-peg ... contact him SOON if interested, before it goes to e-bay.

That's fill done right - you can't really tell.

Maybe I will end up getting rid of my ND ... it really has seen no action since my 1DsII got here, and now that I have all that CZ glass for it, the prospects look slimmer ...

Ok chaps, what price on the ND's, especially Mark's slightly duff one? Mail me privately if you wish to reply.
Paul

Back