DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

TTL and ETTL function in Speedlite 420EX

M

mhwang74

Hi, I am considering a purchase of Speedlite 420EX for my EOS Elan 7. I am reading a lot of articles on E-TTL functionality of the flash; however, no one goes into detail about what it actually means. Can someone please provide an ex&le or a definition of E-TTL and how it works? Thanks for your help.

Speaking of flashes, does anyone know where to find a free download of the manual for the 430ez.

A brief explanation: When shutter is released flash fires a pre-flash and light is measured, after that mirror flips up, flash fires at calculated power and film is exposed according to a combination of preflash and natural light exposures. There is no need of a sensor inside film box facing the film plane to correct flash power and I guess your camera doesn't have one.

Back