DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Digital Back Discontinued

tigerish

I've just seen the announcement.

I can't say that I'm surprised. The project if well intentioned seemed to me ill conceived and hugely expensive from the start. An added disadvantage for me as the owner of an R6 was needing to upgrade to R8 or R9.

So, what now?

And will there be lots of discounted DMRs floating around the retail market?

There are those who argue that their DMR will be worth more now that the back was discontinued.

"There are those who argue that their DMR will be worth more now that the back was discontinued"

This may be true. My Leica with Compur shutter is worth more now than when it was new and when I bought it. It does however take time to start appreciating.

With digital equipment, I know it's hard to see such appreciation happening. But...one never knows!

CicLF> That's an interesting thought. There doesn't seem to have been CicLF> much retail demand, though, and it may take a while. Meantime CicLF> stocks have to be cleared and I wouldn't be surprised if there CicLF> are some discounts available. I haven't checked to see if there CicLF> are any offerings on Ebay.

Back