DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Hack for Xd cards

ekaxel

Anyone have a hack to make Fuji/generic Xd Olympus panorama format compatible (like the smprep hack for smartmedia)?

You don't need the special cards to make panoramas. The cammedia master pro will stitch them together, as will photoshop (very good). There are also a lot of freeware programes that can do the stiching
Have fun
Nicholas

Last time I tried stitching in Camedia Master I was denied because the application is telling me that I didn't shoot the pictures in Panorama mode (too much hassle I was going to lose the scene)! So I guess Camedia Master stitching only works on Olympus xD card WITH Panoramic settings activated.
Anyway, I ended up with Photoshop—albeit poorly because I shot with WCON-08E Wide angle which distorted the edges and no amount of fiddling with distortion and transformation could properly fix it.
sad.gif
5530.jpg

> > >

Anyway, I ended up with Photoshop—albeit poorly because I shot with WCON-08E Wide angle which distorted the edges and no amount of fiddling with distortion and transformation could properly fix it...

Try Paint Shop Pro 8 +. Its Adjust, Lens Correction, Barrel Distortion Correction... option works perfectly for my C-5060 at the 27mm equiv. zoom setting. Since all the digital cameras and lenses that I have checked suffer from barrel distortion at this focal length I wonder why the PSP algorithm or similar could not be incorporated in camera firmware. Since most photographers seem not to be worried by or do not notice BD and it would slow up the memory card updating it could be a default Off option in the camera's menu.. How about it, Olympus?

Back