CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

What lenses will the Mutar II work with

G

I know the Mutar II is limited to work with certain lenses. In paricular, does it work with the 135mm f2.8?

G

The Recommended lenses for the Mutar II are: 135/f2.8 Sonnar 180/f2.8 Sonnar 200/f2.0 ApoSonnar 200/f4.0 TeleTessar 300/f2.0 Apo-TeleTessar 500/f4.5 Mirotar 1000/f5.6 Mirotar

Possible to use with the Mutar II but with some "optical restrictions": 100/f2.0 Planar 135/f2.0 Planar

All the rest are not possible due to mechanical restrictions.

G

...In the download section on the left, I scanned also the Zeiss lens overviews of the brochures. There you find also the compatibility overview....

G

According to the Zeiss broshures, the Mutar II is "very recommended" for 135/2.8, 180/2.8, 200/2.0, 200/4.0, 300/2.8 and 300/4.0.

Only "recommended" for 500/4.5 and 1000/5.6.

However, it is possible to connect it also to the lenses 100/2.0, 135/2.0, S-Planar 100/4.0. For all other lenses a combination with the Mutar II is not possible.

dirk

G

Hi Geir,

it is strange. I was looking at the pdf-file of the Mutar II. The 100-300 is even not listed there. In the Contax system broshure of 1994 it is marked as "not possible". I will try to upload the Mutar pdf file soon. I checked also the Zeiss homepage but the 100-300 is still not mentioned there. I do not know what that means. Maybe they just oversaw it ?

As long as your are able to combine it and you did not experience any problem mechanical or optical, it is fine for me...

I put that on my list for Zeiss questions...

dirk

G

> > Hi,

this has just been discussed on Alexanders List recently and the answer is simple: Optically the solution is possible, with good success (At least some of the list members found the results acceptable).

HOWEVER: Mechanically the zoom only fits if extended to 300mm (and mabybe earlier) so if you push it back after mounting the back-glass from the zoom will hit the front glass of the Mutar. Probably Zeiss considers this to be to risky to officially claim it's working. But I have one Catalog, where the combination Mutar II and VS100-300 is marked as being possible, while on all others it's not.

Mike

G

Extendet to 150mm you can mount a mutar II or III. After mouning, the glasses will not touch! The dangerous part is the mounting!!!