DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

here's Stephen Polevoy, from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

eternal camper

Have been a Nikon shooter for many, many years, broke my knee cap this past September, and was in bed for about 6 weeks before starting to walk again. I sold all my DSLR, including my d850 with 9 lenses, and kept a d500 with a 16-80 lens, and promised myself that I would get a mirrorless when life would be back to "normal" so to speak!
Well waited to see what Nikon would bring out, saw the z8, and since all my last DSLRs had an extra battery pack, I decided that the z8 was as many people are describing as a "mini z9", decided that I would get the z9, and also got a z 14-30 f4, a z 24-70 f2.8, and a z 70200 f2.8. Going to be a photographer at a Day & overnight camp this summer where I will be shooting around 750 to 1,000 pics /day, editing them, and then putting them up on the camp's web-site where parents will be able to see what their kid(s) did that day!! Really looking forward to seeing what the z9 is capable of, or in truth, what I can do with a z9 for this summer! Time will tell!!

Take good care of that knee first Steve. Enjoy the new gear and I've been mirrorless since the first came out.

Danny.

Thank you Danny for reaching out!
I really am looking forward to using my new gear, just got some more $$$ for Father's Day and may get another lens,

what do you use for portrait shooting, or since you primarily use at least 500mm, I assume you may not use any portrait work at all?

Stephen

Mainly birds in flight and motorsports here Stephen. 500, 600 and 800mm is really all I use. 300mm very seldom. Portraits if they stand back 100 meters or so

Danny.

Yes!

Correct

I was going to move to a Sony a7R V

with the same lenses that I got for my Nikon but just could not pull the plug for the Sony, and I know that the Sony lenses would have been lighter.

I am not sure why, just couldn't do it,

Stephen

Back