DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Phantom Photos

drineer

I recently took a group of photos at a Phila Phillies game. When I donwloaded them onto my computer, I found two photos on my 20D that I did not take. They were taken at ground level from the area near the dugout where the professional photographers reside(I was in an upper deck) and they appeared to be distorted or taken with some "special effect" set on the camera they were actually taken with. I wondering how is it possible for photos I did not take to show up on my camera???

I can't see how that is possible .Any image has to go through your lens on your camera . Do you have exif data for these images .Can you upload them somewhere so others can see them ? Stuart

How very strange. Could it be that someone else borrowed your camera or that they borrowed the card? or that there were already pictures on the card before you used it although that's unlikely since the pictures were taken at the same venue?
I think someone else must have used the card without you knowing, did you leave the camera unaccompanied at any time?
Cheers,
John

[No one else had the camera or card. It was with me the whole time. Could one of the professional photographers on ground level had a wireless remote shutter control and it activated my shutter also?]

[I take back my previous email about the wireless remote shutter. If that was so, the photos would have been taken from my upper deck point of view, not ground level. I'm back to thinking about how a photo taken on another camera can be sent through the airwaves to my camera?]

I wonder if that's it but in that case I wonder why there were only two "alien" pictures; unless (s)he realized the mistake and changed the frequency. But on second thoughts, if you didn't have radio control set up on you camera, I wouldn't have thought it could have tripped your shutter. I think that is worth asking Canon about and I'd love to know their answer.

Good point, I wonder if any one else there received phantom pictures on to their cards as well. I still don't see how they could arrive on someone else's card without the necesary radio equipment.

>Posted by John Strain (Jsmisc) on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 4:54 pm: > >I wonder if that's it but in that case I wonder why there were only >two "alien" pictures; unless (s)he realized the mistake and changed >the frequency. But on second thoughts, if you didn't have radio >control set up on you camera, I wouldn't have thought it could have >tripped your shutter. I think that is worth asking Canon about and I'd >love to know their answer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I think we would ALL love to hear Canon's answer . There just has to be a straightforward answer to this .I simply do not believe that there is any way of getting an image on to a card in a camera other than pressing the shutter . Getting an image on to a card when it is OUT of the camera is another matter entirely,of course . Did it happen on 1st April perchance .. Stuart

[No, it was Thursday April 6th and the Phillies lost. If you can tell me where or how to post the photos, I'll do so.]

Back