DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

C5000 Zooms green led blinks

cuuuu

Hi,
subj. Normally it should blink when having trouble focusing, but this is different. From time to time, when I power on the camera, lens extend, and after some seconds they go back in, and camera acts as if it was powered down. So, I switch it off, green led blinks for about 5 seconds and then it's really switched off. Then, I power it on again, and everything works as expected.
Such funny things happen mostly when the camera is not used for some period, - couple of hours or a day.
I read somewhere, that green led blinking indicates potential problems with memory card.
Anybody experienced such things? What could be the cause and what should I do? (the camera is quite new, used for about 1 - 2 months, at the beginning there were no such problems. warranty period, of course, still in effect)

Back