CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

What would you get if you use do a lot of flash photography

C

cyberstudio

You are very welcome...

If you allow me to make an overgeneralization, Vivitar makes the most robust flashes. Metz makes the most electronically well-engineered once (but for the compact shoe-mounted flashes, mechanically inferior), and Sunpak somewhere in the middle.

rak996

I want to use my TLA 200 to do fill flash. The Contax website has a method under FAQ that is different from the G2 instruction manual. Does anyone have a tried and true method that works that would share with me. Is there a better Contax flash that I should use instead of the TLA 200? 280 or 360? I am new to the G2 but have been reading your posts for sometime and you are always very helpful. Thanks

J

joeling

Hi Bobby Tong;
"Joseph, you may use one of the A settings. Set the film speed first and the LED's at the back will indicate to you............"

here's the G2 shot with bounced flash I tried with your recommendation. Nicely illuminated w minimum shadow compared w direct.
thanks for your help. try sizing the jpg to 300x300 for uploading, looks quite bad & drop the idea.
cheers

J

joeling

Hi Mic/Bobby;
Ref:
"Joseph, you may use one of the A settings. Set the film speed first and the LED's at the back will indicate to you............"

here's the shot that i sized down to 300sq w bounced flash as per recommendation. nicely illuminated w min shadow.
cheers

robertj

Hi all
On a g2 - what would happen if via ttl flash
(contaxt280 ) the camera exposure compensation is used - would it compensate the flash power set? Thanks bob