DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax N-Digital - the ultimate Contax Fan-Test....

> > > > Anybody heard the possible introduction of Nikon D2X at Photokina? A full > frame 10.3 million pixel CCD versus the much talked about Canon 1Ds full frame > COMS of 11 million pixel? > Regards, Kaisern > > >

" Anybody heard the possible introduction of Nikon D2X at Photokina?"

Hi Kaisern,

I only heard rumors about a new Canon with similar specs, but nothing of Nikon. Lets wait and see, there are only a few days left...

dirk

>=20 >=20 >=20 > Hi Dirk, > I heard it a few days ago but can=B9t recognized the website where this > information leak. I regret not being able to visit Photokina, I planed t= hat > but have to cancel last month due to client visit. > Brgds/kaisern >=20 >=20 >=20

>=20 >=20 >=20 > Hi Dirk, > I heard it a few days ago but can=B9t recognized the website where this > information leak. I regret not being able to visit Photokina, I planed t= hat > but have to cancel last month due to client visit. > Brgds/kaisern >=20 >=20 >=20

Should any body scan the N-digital Manual or e-mail to me (English version). I bought it in Japan and it comes with Japanese manual only. Thank you!

In answer to the inquiry about a Nikon D2x: the rumor among high end Nikon dealers is a 14 to 16 Meg full frame
to be introduced by years' end. Supposedly, Nikon is strategically introducing the camera after the Canon 11 meg CMOS full frame to avoid a price war like that of the D-100 verses the Canon D60. Also, Nikon is waiting so production is up and running with cameras available at time of launch. (that would be novel). The Canon 11 meg is not a rumor, there is a web site with full specs already available. So, my Contax D is already obsolete. But what the heck, it takes beautiful images so who cares...as long as I don't try to sell it I'll get my moneys' worth.

I have posted more pics @ http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder.tcl?folder_id=239912. using the ND + 17-35 and 85mm lenses. this is a great travel combo. I took these plus nx to carmel calif and these are some pics from the mission. over all i have learned not to do any on camera adjustments and shoot everything in std mode but over expose .75 to 1 according to the seen. I am getting excellent images that are sharper and more vibrant than any other digital camera i have used. the images have a tremendous amount of leeway for sharpening (a lot of detail is available and hidden). the battery is still a problem. i use the external contax battery with 4 d size and it behaved ok though i had to carry a belt pack!! the ttl flash is kind of interesting. the camera only works in "P" mode and sets the speed and aperture regardless. oh, just got the raw developer and it seems very useless. u can not make in adjustments except white space!! so best to shoot in jpeg1

> > > > Me, too, agreed. My N Digital is a digital solution for those wonderful 645 > mount or N mount lenses and they cannot be mount to canon or Nikon and the N > Digital can produce already very good digital photo anyway. For speed, Nikon > is definitely having the edge over Contax and I will be ready to sell the D1X > and wait for the coming new one. Regards, Kaisern > >

Given the ND's drawbacks - 1.The TTL flash which on several occasions seems to not recognize the electronics of the camera. I've decided to use the white balance "flash" setting every time because the "Auto" is just too inconsistent.
2. The batteries are unmentionable. I now own 20 AA rechargables and 8 D cells that are rechargable.
3. Its slower that the d1X.
So with all that complaining, out of frustration I told a friend of mine who's a dealer to sell it for me and I'd take a big loss just not to be frustrated anymore. Luckily demand for expensive cameras is low and I took it on vacation and the 11 x 14 of the ocean is magnificent and is hanging in my den. Its better than anything I ever shot with the Nikon- The optics were that good. Outdoors its perfect - indoors as a studio camera (not TTL) wonderful- if I stopped pretending that for $7,000 I would never need another camera of its ilk which is what I do because it looks like a 35mm body - if it attached to my 645 than the $7,000 wouldn't seem irrational, nobody would complain about battery drain (which the 645 already has)it would only be a TTL annoyance - and we would write to contax and demand and expect a new raw developer software package/download quickly.

Back