DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Voightlander 75 mm and 90 mm for Leica M

> [DEAR MARCO, I HAVE EXPERIENCE WTH THE VOIGTLANDER 75MM ON M7: IT WORKS PERFECTLY, AND IT IS A RELATIVELY GOOD LENS AFTER F4 UNTIL F8. IT IS MUCH EASIER THAN THE SUMMILUX AND WHEN STOPPED DOWN GIVES SATISFACTORY RESULTS. MIND THEAT THE SUMMILUX'S BEST APPERTURE IS 2,4, WHICH IS NOT GOOD FOR SOME SHOTS BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF DEPTH OF FIELD. WIDE OPEN THE 75 VOIGLANDER IS SOFT. THERE IS A CERTAIN SENSITIVTY TO REFLEXION, BUT NOT ITS OK. LINEAR DISTORSION IS ALSO FINE. RUDOLF KLEIN]

Marco, I have the 75mm Heliar, and it is excellent. Beautifully made, and balances nicely on my M3. The VC viewer for it is a dandy, also. The glass gives great b&w shots, but yields colors that are muted. You could fix that with a saturated color film.

Back