DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Clouds

jesito

Attachments

• IMG03251.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG03251.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG03265.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG03265.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG03253.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG03253.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG03255.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG03255.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 7
Excellent, very clear and sharp images.
What adapter did you use Jes?
I like # 3 best but they're all great, lots of texture in the clouds and the chimney objects.
Thanks for sharing.

Excellent, very clear and sharp images.
What adapter did you use Jes?
I like # 3 best but they're all great, lots of texture in the clouds and the chimney objects.
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks to you for your kind comments!.
I use the Polish one, but be careful. A colleague from this forum tried it on his SD14 and had a lot of trouble to take it out. In the SD9 poses no problem and properly focuses infinity.

Regards,
Jes.

Nice post...I like 1 and 4 the best...love the blue sky with the white fluffy clouds....

Tony C.

Many thanks to both!
Even having gotten a SD14, I still prefer the SD9 colours, even getting smaller images...

Regards,
Jes.

Many thanks to both!
Even having gotten a SD14, I still prefer the SD9 colours, even getting smaller images...

Regards,
Jes.

Of course, you won't be able to make 30x40 enlargements without some loss of detail. :) Then again, who the heck ever makes an enlargement that big very often? !?

Stunning clouds and sky. I can see why you love the SD-9, Jes.

It was me who had the trouble with removing the Polish adapter. I cranked it on too tight, and it sort of "welded" itself into the mount. I finally got it off by putting the whole thing in the freezer to contract the metal, then with rubber gloves I was just barely able to get it off. (Whew).

Now, when I use the adapter, I screw it VERY firmly onto the lens first, then screw a little less firmly into the mount. Has been working very well by that order. The adapter comes out with the lens, and then it's easy to take off of the lens.

Of course, you won't be able to make 30x40 enlargements without some loss of detail. :) Then again, who the heck ever makes an enlargement that big very often? !?

Stunning clouds and sky. I can see why you love the SD-9, Jes.

It was me who had the trouble with removing the Polish adapter. I cranked it on too tight, and it sort of "welded" itself into the mount. I finally got it off by putting the whole thing in the freezer to contract the metal, then with rubber gloves I was just barely able to get it off. (Whew).

Now, when I use the adapter, I screw it VERY firmly onto the lens first, then screw a little less firmly into the mount. Has been working very well by that order. The adapter comes out with the lens, and then it's easy to take off of the lens.

Thanks for the clarification, Larry!.
Probably the reason is that it's made in alu. After your experience I don't dare to put the adapter in the SD14, so it's has become "the AF body" :)

No, I don't print, but a local colleague that is using the SD9 as well and does print, says that converting to TIFF and upscaling to a higher Mpix count, (Photoshop does the interpolation) the results are so good that they can be compared to the ones gotten from a standard-sensor camera of much more Mpixs. I have to try it yet.

Regards,

Jes.

Regards,

Hi Jes,

Very good pictures, all four of them!! :) The range in the clouds is so realistic looking, something that is hard to do with clouds. Did you need to do processing after SPP?

Robert

Hi Jes,

Very good pictures, all four of them!! :) The range in the clouds is so realistic looking, something that is hard to do with clouds. Did you need to do processing after SPP?

Robert

Thanks, Robert!

I just did a little contrast adjusting, nothing else. Sometimes I've to do it because i underexpose too little at shooting time. Depends on the lens and the sun bright...

Regards,

Jes.

Back