DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Sometimes it's straight photography but other times...

newmikey

I like mucking about in post to see what I get using a wide variety of techniques from sketch filters to mirroring (parts of) images and using extreme B&W contrasts. It just makes photography as a whole so much fun to always discover new ways to express reality and capture it in a flat image. Here's a few samples (clicking will take you to larger previews on my own web album site).

A traditional Dutch landscape with the ubiquitous windmills

An Egyptian or scifi pharaoh-like mask which is merely the interior staircase of a tower (for the Dutch here: het Monument op de Afsluitdijk) on a sunny day

Modern architectural details (Utrecht CS)

I like the Dutch windmill... If I could do that I would print on canvas and pretend to my friends that I was also a fine artist ;) :cool:

I like this colored sketch with pencil. It could be mistaken for a photograph.
Well, it started out as a photograph as you can see from its EXIF info. I didn't do any sketching, I can assure you. (it would have looked really bad if I'd have tried)

Back