DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax T2 manual

my solution to apply filter in using T2 or even with T3 now, is simply put the usual filter, 58/62/67mm whatever, in front of the lens after the focus is set, the T2/T3 is so light so this can be done quickly and effortlessly.

Brgds/kaisern

Hi all,

I just uploaded the T2-manual on to the server. You can find it in the Scan/download section in this forum.

I had to scan some pages in color to be able to read the light blue descriptions. The full pages take therefore some time to appear.

If I could help you with these scans, which take a lot of work to do, please help this site and donate !!

Dirk

A few words to new users of a recently bought T2 and unsure of decision made correctly. - Depending on what you have paid used (ranking from 300€ to 380€ - depending on state of it...) you can consider yourself a proud owner of a very capable camera. I was torn myself between T2 & T3 or even TVSII (high on my wishlist) and TVSIII. I decided to go for the T2 and I am completely happy with it. Had a Ricoh GR1v before and must say that beside being smaller the Ricoh does not deliver those consistant results as the T2. Furthermore the 28mm lens of the Ricoh was quite limiting. I do not prefer the newer contax models like the TIII or TVSIII as too many buttons there hindering quick operation in the field. Considered even a Leica Minilux (not the Zoom) but too heavy and less posibilities. I really like the manual focusing on the T2. Stepless and easy to operate. Don´t bother any external flashes as this is a P&S and for advanced flashing options I use the Nikon F3HP with an external flash. The T2 is a travel camera of very high quality and the more stuff (Flash adaper + Flash) you take the less portable it gets. Happy shooting anyway :)

I hope you love your T2 as much as I do mine. I have had one for years. It is a very capable camera and the flash also works well even though it's so small. I have taken pictures for friends at weddings with it and they have framed and hung them in preference to the professional's.
All the best
John

Terrific T2. I have had mine since it was introduced and it always performs well. Use self timer on tripod for night exposures.

I had a T2 for many years and loved it very much. But when the T3 came out I gave my T2 to my daughter. I Can tell you for certain, the lens on the T3 is MUCH sharper and has far better contrast. I think It has one of the best lenes I have ever used on any camera. Roger

I have a T2 for a while. I found that using manual focusing gave me better pictures most of the toime than AF. Even I used focus lock?, I may not got what I want. Can anybody kindly give me some advice.

Peter,

In the 3 years that I have owned a T2, I have never had any problem with the autofocus, and I have never felt the need to use the manual focus, except for infinity. Also, since the auto and manual focus operate by the same mechanism, I am surprised that you find that there is a difference. I would suggest that you test the camera by placing it on a tripod and taking photos of a patterned object from several distances using both auto and manual focus.

I HAVE OWNED A CONTAX T-2 SINCE IT FIRST CAME OUT. I HAVE LEARNED TO LIVE WITH ITS ONE SHORT COMING, VIGNETTING. (DARKENING AT THE OUTSUDE EDGES OF THE FRAME,) LENS SHARPNESS HAS NOT BEEN A PROBLEM. ALSO THE CONTAX T-2 METER WAS ORIGINALLY SET UP FOR PRINT FILM AND DURING A CONTAX CLA THE TECH. WAS KIND ENOUGH TO RE-CALIBERATE MY METERS ON MY T-2, G-1, AND G-2 FOR MORE ACCURATE METERING WITH SLIDE FILM. THE VIGNETTING SEEMS TO BE MORE NOTICABLE IN SLIDES AS OPPOSED TO MACHINE PROCESSED PRINTS..THIS HAPPENS IN BRIGHT SUNLIGHT, CLEAR DAY,WITH ALL FILMS ASA 100 OR ABOVE. THE ONLY WAY TO AVOID IT IS TO USE ASA 25 (GOOD LUCK) OR 50 SPEED FILM. IT HAS TO DO WITH THE APERATURE AND PROGRAM EXPOSURE LIMATIONS OT THIS CAMERA. CONTAX WAS AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN AWARE OF THIS, AND SO WERE THE PHOTO MAGAZINES THAT TESTED IT AND DID NOT MENTIONING IT TO BUYERS. STEVE.

"THE ONLY WAY TO AVOID IT IS TO USE ASA 25 (GOOD LUCK) OR 50 SPEED FILM. IT HAS TO DO WITH THE APERATURE AND PROGRAM EXPOSURE LIMATIONS OT THIS CAMERA."

This has not been my experience at all. Vignetting is definitely worse at wider apertures, which are more likely to be selected by the camera's exposure program when slower films are being used. Therefore, I have learned to use faster films (ISO 400-800) in my T2 so as to minimize vignetting.

For MAXIMUM vignetting, use the aperture priority mode. Talk about ugly.

Bottom line: The T2 is a terrific little camera when used in program mode with fast film.

Back