DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax T2 manual

ROBERT YOU ARE CORRECT. IN MY MESSAGE ABOVE IT SHOULD HAVE READ USE FASTER FILMS NOT SLOWER.I AGREE WITH YOU THAT THE APERATURE PRIORITY MODE IS THE WORST. SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION. STEVE.

Robert,
Thank you for your response.
My problem is that I may not get what I am focusing at and especially in the Programme mode. By doing it manually, I usually focus, then check the distance and st the aparture to cover a range if condition permits. This gave me sharp images most of the time. Unfortunately, it is not good for snap shots and I usually hpperfocus in those circumstances.
Peter.

Just been bidding on a Gold 60th Anniversary Contax T2 on ebay.... mint, unused in original wooden box. Went up to $600 then lost my bottle. Auction ended un-sold, e-mailed the seller and he said his reserve was $690. I persume this is still a good price for a mint unused Gold T2... but it's still $690.

Oh well!

There's a limited edition Platinum T2 with Ostrich leather grip on ebay at the moment, one of 1100 made... think I'll leave bidding on that to the collectors!!

Jon,
Just be a bit more patience. I just bought a Gold 60th Anniversary Contax T2 on Ebay Germany for Euro 425 (approximately 420 US$). New, never used.

Peter

I have just bought a flash adaptor SA-1.
If I am correctly informed this adpator will adapt all Contax TLA flashes and fire it correctly by means of the photocell detector in the adaptor (triggered by the built in flash of the T2).
This will increase the range of the flash of the T2, which is on this extremely nice camera one of the less strong points.
Now my question is, how does the camera adjust the exposure to compensate for the extra flash. Do I have to take extra precautions to prevent overexposure (such as choose underexposure setting for the picture taken with both flashes)?
Thanks for your information.

Peter

The SA-1 just triggers the seperate flash and will work with any hot-shoe equiped flash unit. To be practical, the accessory flash unit must have its own auto-flash sensor circuitry and be set to function at the same apertature as the T-2 is set for flash [2.8]. Since the SA-1 tneds to be used for flash beyond the range of the T-2, there is little concern for the combined effect of the built-in and accessory flash.

Some time ago I discovered that the SA-1 is not made by Contax, but is a rebadged unit from ? maker. The exact same unit as been sold under a number of different camera makers' names. I bought one new in the box off ebay under the Konica label for a fraction of the price of the SA-1.

Back