DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax T lens

G

Could someone tell me how much is good the Sonnar of the Contax T?
Is it worse or better than T3's Sonnar?

Paolo

> The Contax T has exactly the same Sonnar 2.8/38 as that on the more recent T2. I use a T2 and find the quality of the lens on a > par with the G series Planar 2/35. That Sonnar is reputed to allow mild vignetting at some apertures which the newer formulation > Sonnar 2.8/35 on the T3 is meant to cure but since I use mainly print film, I have never found this a problem.

Hi

I'm looking for a user manual (or a copy of it) for the Contax T. Can anyone help ?

thanks Dieter

Well on Ebay they go for $5.99 delivered genuine original stuff... I bought one for my T so if you have any specific questions I will be glad to help you out.

Matt

The shutter on my Contax T has stopped working. It clicks, but does not open. Any suggestions on getting this camera repaired?

TIA,
John

Hi, John,

I have a similar problem. My Contax T shutter once open, doesn't close.

But when I point the camera to a direct strong light source, the shutter fire normally.

Can anyone advise?

Back