DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

CLA for SRT 101

Also, on the bottom is a switch, ON-OFF-BC. BC stands for battery Check. With a new battery (I'm using a PX625A)installed, turn the switch to BC with your finger. In the viewfinder, the pointed needle should be near the square shaped object. The needle with the circle should move when either the shutter speed or the aperture is changed.

Now turn switch to ON, go outside on a sunny day and set the film speed dial to ASA 200, shutter speed to 250 and f-stop to f 16. Look through the finder at a well lit scene, and the two needles should be right on top of each other (when you press and release the button on the side of the lens mount. It toggles in and out.)

If all the above work, you have just checked out all the functions you need, the rest is obvious, film winds ahead, shutter opens and closes...

p.s. the battery I use is not the right voltage but it's close enough for me as the automatic film processing machines correct the wrong exposure the X625A battery provides.

p.s. I have two SRT101s I/m using and two on hand for spare parts.

Hi, I recently aquired two well used SRT 101's. They both work very well, except the meter coupler on one sticks. Is this because it is dirty or does it have a worn out spring? Any suggestions on how to fix this?

If you are talking about the "aperture coupling ring" on the front of the camera body that rotates as you change the aperture setting of the lens, it's probably dirt. The pin (on the ring) is located beneath the letters CLC, the "lens aperture ring" (on the lens) rotates the pin as you change f-stop. With the lens off the camera, you will see 4 screws that hold the "aperature coupling ring" on to the front of the camera body. Loosen the screws about 3 turns, and see if the pin moves freely and returns freely (with the lens off.) If loosening the screws work, you have dirt or corrosion in there. Worse would be bent parts.
NOW A WARNING or TWO
a.do not lose the screws, they should stay in if only loosened 3 turns, but be prepared, they can disappear in a rug.
b. the ring is connected inside to a string that snakes up into the camera top, if that comes loose because the 4 screws fall out and the ring comes away from the body, you will need a neurosurgeon to get the camera working again. .
c. oil may make it worse

I know this is an old thread, but it seems like the best place to echo James McCluskey's comment (above) about John Titterington.

Based on James's comment, I contacted Mr. Titterington about my SRT-101. For a VERY reasonable price, John repaired the locked mirror and then... did a whole bunch of other stuff we hadn't discussed -- calibrated the shutter, recalibrated the light meter to run on 1.5V cells, et cetera -- all at the original price!!!

This guy is a GEM! As soon as I finish up the roll of film that's in my SRT-201, it's going off to John for a CLA. So, if you need a repair or CLA on an SRT, he's the one. Highly competent. Honest. Quick. Can't give enough props.

Back