DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Testing

editing is possible within 10 minutes after publishing for various reasons. We have a "save draft" feature before you publish. Look for the tools within the textbox. You can leave the textbox oppen with this for hours before you publish.
Thank you for the clarification!

It would be good to collect / supplement this reference information (FAQ) and put it in a prominent place on the main page, so it would be immediately visible to everyone.
Hopefully it will soon be possible to appoint section moderators with the ability to delete posts like this in forum threads ) Otherwise, one person (you) can't manage the task of administering the whole forum. Surely some sort of effective self-organisation is needed.

In any case, I like this forum, your patience, friendliness and quick reaction in unclear situations. Thank a lot Dirk!

Sigma Dp1x / Winter / Saint-Petersburg / 500px
v2

Sigma Dp1x / Winter / Saint-Petersburg / 500px
v2

Testing the attaching file (up to 4 mb). Insert - Thumbnail. All is OK.
I'd like to point out the excellent "colour work" of the forum engine when displaying the jpeg. And the perfectly matched backgrounds for viewing the photos.

Sigma SD Quattro H / Sigma 24-105/4 Art
_DQH2626.jpg
  • SIGMA - sd Quattro H
  • 80.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/500 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 200

It would be good to collect / supplement this reference information (FAQ)

We will do.

and put it in a prominent place on the main page, so it would be immediately visible to everyone.

At the moment, each new user gets a welcome Email AND a welcome PM with the links to the FAQ. Additionally, all moderators have in their signature the most important links.

But I will see whether we can add an additonal slot or pop-up window somewhere. But looking at all the help links already, I doubt that people will "see" even a pop-up window :)

This situation with dpreview and the huge growth here at DPRforum.com is unique. Many people have specific dpreview-related questions/requests, because they are used to that system for years and never looked at something else. They are not used to look for help documents.

Normally a new forum has a significant slower growth. People and moderators have more time to adapt slowly.

But we are getting there. We try to train every new member so that these new members can then train themselves other new members. That is the fasted approach. Everybody helps everybody.

In any case, I like this forum, your patience, friendliness and quick reaction in unclear situations. Thank a lot Dirk!

Thank you!

By th way, this testing thread is really good. People learn a lot from it and the inhibition threshold becomes smaller, to test something yourself. I would not like to delete that. This is part of our growing history now. How it all started...

Back