DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

What's your go-bag look like?

Let's say you're headed out for a full day of photography, what's your bag look like? Recently had to reorganize mine, so I thought it would make a decent thread topic!

20230331_133245.jpg
  • samsung - SM-N975U1
  • 4.3 mm
  • ƒ/1.5
  • 1/30 sec
  • Center-Weighted Average
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 640

This is how mine looks like. iPhone 13Pro & Kindle Paperwhite for size reference.

Gx9 with 12-60 + 35-100. 24mm through 200mm equivalent FF FOV in an ultra small and light package. Europe? Here I go!!!

IMG_1568 Large.jpeg
  • Apple - iPhone 13 Pro
  • iPhone 13 Pro back triple camera 5.7mm f/1.5
  • 5.7 mm
  • ƒ/1.5
  • 1/60 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 160

IMG_1569 Large.jpeg
  • Apple - iPhone 13 Pro
  • iPhone 13 Pro back triple camera 5.7mm f/1.5
  • 5.7 mm
  • ƒ/1.5
  • 1/60 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 125

If it can't fit in your pocket, I don't want it. I just have large pockets is all.

P1020001.jpg
  • Panasonic - DMC-G1
  • OLYMPUS M.14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/250 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 250

P1020002.jpg
  • Panasonic - DMC-G1
  • OLYMPUS M.14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/640 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 250

They also come in handy for picnics

ddfsdsd.jpg

You lucky people you and that's without the Sony 200-600.

Danny.

Good topic. It would be useful to say what the bags are - from someone who spent a year looking for a bag and still didn't get it right!

PS My first post here. (y)

Good topic. It would be useful to say what the bags are - from someone who spent a year looking for a bag and still didn't get it right!

PS My first post here. (y)
Well mine is easy. A Stanley fat max tool bag. Holds three cameras, 3 tele lenses, plus a lot of pockets inside and out and then the trunk holds big momma. Or did you mean someone else's bag

Danny.

Being merely an enthusiast in the ever shrinking group of people who don't believe a smartphone suffices to take good photos on trips, I'm in the small & light camp. Until very recently I carried a trusty DMC-GX1 which was very portable but was really starting to feel too limited, so I went for the OM-5. Slightly larger and heavier, but not by much and still fits in an ancient but durable Samsonite bag I still have from the film era. Sorry, this won't be of any help for those wanting to shop for a new bag, unless you include antique shops in your shopping trip. :D
Even with a 100-300 lens mounted the OM-5 still fits in this bag (only just). I like this bag because it easily fits in a backpack and looks inconspicuous.

Bag.jpg

As an illustration of trying to use a smartphone versus an 11 year old camera for photographing a far away building on a hillside at night… The phone is a mere OnePlus Nord, but I doubt the more advanced ones would fare much better. The latest Samsung AI thing might hallucinate a set of candles or so from this kind of sensor reading.
phone_vs_camera.jpg

Excellent Thread.
Many are curious what others have, myself included. I havent been down the "backpack" road yet but I will some day. For now I like my shoulder strap with the bag under my arm. Inside this bag you see a 7DII, 70D, EF100-400 II, 10-18 EFS, and 18-135mm EFS. Sometimes my Flash and SP 150-600 ride in a different bag if I need them. The bag is a discontinued Canon. Maybe the Professional 1EG. I see them on e-bay yet.
Thanks for starting this thread, I am sure it will be popular.

IMG_5191 (1280x1124) (4).jpg
  • Canon - Canon PowerShot G15
  • 6.1 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/30 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 800

Last edited:
Back