DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

AA rechargeables with my N1

G

Anyone using this horrendously-priced accessory ? I want to be able to use AA rechargeables with my N1, because of the short battery life of the 2CR5. Does the pack affect the balance of the camera, or do the advantages of the vertical grip and extra shutter release outweight the extra weight and expense ?
Robin

Personally I love the vertical grip and find it makes the camera more ergonomic for vertical shots, much like my old F5. It does not affect the balance IMO, and the added facility to switch between the 2CR5 and the AA batteries is good.

Simon

Hi Simon,
Thanks for the reply - I thought that would be your opinion. Sorry to see you are selling all your N1 stuff, but I do understand the need for the Hasselblad - I have been through two kits of Hassels, and still wish I had one now, even though I don't really need MF.
I am on the trail of a P-9 now, otherwise I would be applying for yours. Good luck with the sale.
Albest, Robin

I use the P9 on my N1 all the time. The camera with the P9 is very well balanced especially with the VS 70-300/4-5.6. The battery holder use both 2CR5 and four AA batteries, whixh means that you always have battery backup in the P9.

Back