DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Recent trip to the northwestern Spain

jesito

Hi colleagues,

Just back from the Christmas holidays. I've been traveling through the spanish north western area, from Ferrol to Ribadeo. We were contouring the coast and visiting the nice places over there.
One of the nice places we visited was the "Souto da Retorta!, a nice forest of very old eucalyptus that have grown upto 80 meters high and 3,75 meters diameter. The days were gray and rainy, and I was carrying only the SD9 with the 18-50mm kit lens. (To get there from Barcelona we were flying with a low cost carrier that only allow for 10 kg weight per person, so we were forced to reduce the luggage to the minimum).
With that lens, I had to shot at really low speeds (no tripod) and use ISO 200. Even with this setup, I like very much the results. Colours are realistic, and the pictures are better that the ones I could have taken with the Canon or the Pentax.

View attachment 981

View attachment 982

View attachment 984

View attachment 983

View attachment 985

Kind regards,

Jes.

Attachments

• IMG02827.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG02827.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG02832.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG02832.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG02859.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG02859.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG02881.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG02881.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG02901.jpg
    EXIF
    IMG02901.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 6
Oh yes, Jes, it sure is. We have many, many different varieties and most of trees are eucalypts. They are everywhere, from the low river flats through to the alpine regions of the mountains.

The snow gums (we call them all gum trees here) are my favourites. In my opinion the are nature's artistic statement. :) With the weight of snow in winter and all the other stormy elements throughout the year, their trunks and branches twist and turn into magical distortions that are a joy to behold.

Then there are the streaks of vivid colours on their bark. Believe me, it's paradise, mine anyway. :) To walk amongst these stunted forests is indeed a privilege.

Sincere regards, Jim R

You have pictured it so poetically that I've had to add another target to my travel wish map ;).

Kind regards,
Jes.

You have pictured it so poetically that I've had to add another target to my travel wish map ;).

Kind regards,
Jes.

Hi Jes ... just add my name to your TWM ... :rolleyes: ...

Very nice shots! :z04_photos: Thanks for sharing!

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Klaus and Jes, look! Eucalyptus trees as far as the eye can see and this view (2 overlapping frames @ 10mm) is in excess of 180 degrees. :)

Attachments

• Powers LO 180 NR.jpg
    EXIF
    Powers LO 180 NR.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 11
Hi Jim,

whow ... an impressive pano!;) I am very much in pano-photography ... did a number of them in Spain now. Thanks for sharing.

This option is another argument for digital photography ... one out of many!

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Back