DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

New G1 user from UK

Zakkattack

Hello All, thanks for allowing me to join this forum.
I have been shooting for the last 30 years and even ventured into digital for a while but I'm back to film 100% now.
Rangefinder cameras have always been a passion of mine and I've even repaired a few but only 2 days ago did I get my Contax G1 with 35mm f2 lens.
You know how it is..take a roll of film to get developed and ooops ! what's that on the shelf ?. Well in my case a mint condition G1(green label) complete with above lens, flash, matching filter and lens hood, all original boxes and even all of the manuals.
Well today I've been out shooting and what fun to use. I had only a few focussing issues and that was only due to not enough contrast at the focal point..easy fix of course. So I return home and buy a 90mm f2.8 of ebay.
I'm addicted already. Can't wait to get the film developed.

That's what I love about photography: You have fun touching the gear, you have fun shooting with it, you have fun wandering around and looking for a new picture and then you have fun opening the envelope when the pictures finally arrive. And, of course, there is the fun of sharing the pictures here. ;) So, please scan some and post them here :)

Cheers,
Milos

Can't provide link

Hi Stealth, I've been trying to provide a link to flickr but this site won't allow for some reason.
Just search for zakklowen and you will find the Contax set.

Congratulations

If you had some focusing issues with the 35mm lens, wait until you try out the 90mm. It may drive you crazy and force you to sell the whole kit like I did. Too many OOF shots per roll for me. ( and it wasn't user error). Or it may work out completely fine for you. Some users had problems, some didn't.

Back