DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

News from Zeiss on Wednesday

I strongly believe that Zeiss will offer 21 2.8 in the new series. The age of expensive Contax lens is over. I am selling my 21 2.8 now in the e-bay.

419320.jpg

The left is the new 50 1.4, the right being the new Macro lens.

From this crop, the infinity of 50 1.4 is different from the other lens.

Imagine that you rotate the 50 1.4 so that the infinity reach the central line. You could see that f16 is at about 5m. f16 of the macro lens is at 4m.

In conclusion, the new macro lens is most likely to be 60mm.

>Hi Ugo,
>
>Do you believe that the silicone rubber is better
>than the sponge to d&en the mirror ?
>
>Joseph

Definitively YES. Without any dubt.

Ugo

Hi Ugo,

In the past, I used to put two cubes of silicone rubber on both sides left and right, this is how RX and AX work. I discovered a platform in Aria and S2b in which I can use only one cube.

419324.jpg

I find out that using one cube has a better d&ening effect than two. How did you use it on your 159 ?

By the way, I don't mind at all sending people these rubber as long as you send me your mailing address.

2) after the 50 1,4 and 85 1,4 the "future ZF lenses have no counterpart in existing Contax lens ranges".

If this is true, it would mean that they are not reproducing the important lenses such as 21 2.8, 28 2.8, 28 2, 50 1.2 and 85 1.2. Well, these Contax lenses will remain sky high in price.

Judging from the way Kornelius Mueller answered the questions, it seemed that Zeiss has no intention to continue the production of 21 2.8.

Back