DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Red dial

ruben_blaedel

what does the "red dial" mean I have a IIIf ith a red 25 on the shutter soeed dial and red numbers below that on the "flash ring?" is that a red dial

Dear Ruben,

That is correct. The red dial IIIf has an improved shutter, which is lighter in weight, smoother and quieter.

Have fun; A great camera.

Justin Scott

Thanks !
It came with a 5 cm elmar,3,5 a 3,5 cm 3,5 summaron and a 9 cm 4,0 elmar, a closeup thing (on top of the red box) for the elmar 5 cm and som extensions tubes (3) - the ubes have screw mount and they go 1:2, 1:3 and 1:15 they are black - are they for this camera or are they suposed to be used with som mirror attachment ? the were also a smal "tube" or converter ring (4) with screw mount towards the camera and some kind of bayonet mount and a red dot facing the lens - it is not for a M lens (i have tried)
you can see the different things on this photo - I have solved the other questions so it is the 3 one the black tubes and the 4 on the ring that i miss getting cleared- by the way with a serial number of 666 xxx how old is the camera - I have been shooting with it all weekend - the film insert is a bit more troublesome then my M6 but it has a wonderfull feel - great ergonomics - and the shutter times seem to be accurate
80984.jpg

Dear Ruben,

The NOOKY is a close focus device for the 5cm Elmar. Fit to the camera then install the lens using the rear bayonet of the lens cell. Very accurate.

#4 I cannot tell without a closer look, but from here it does not look like any Leica device I have seen.

The tubes need "spider legs".

666 XXX indicates 1953.

Regards,

Justin

PS You wold be advised to buy some lens hoods.

FOOKH for the Summaron (I have a spare)

FISON for the 5cm Elmar

FIKUS for the 9cm Elmar

Back