DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Strange behavior with an old Hanimex

G

Hi all,

I'm a bit puzzled with an old Hanimex 80-200 F4.5-5.6 which I bought very cheap on a flea market.

A bit of history, my first SLR was a Yashica FX-D with a Hanimex 35-70. And I still use both! The fun lasts longer than the leather :). I use the FX-D when shooting at the Bremer Freimarkt, the combination can stand a lot of misuse in large festival halls with to many drunks and it seems to like Cuba Libres.
Results can be seen at http://www.samba-conection.de

So out of curiosity I put that lens on my 167MT and the viewfinder reports aperture 5.6 to 27. I checked that with a 139 an it reports 4.5 to 22. I havent seen that before.

confused

Volker

Seems if the 167's aperture lever is slightly misaligned. But on the other hand, there are various experiences with third party lenses showing the wrong aperture at Contax bodies (Tamron Adaptall connectors are well known for this).

Back