DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Ahh....Leica anyone?

bensonga

Finally satisfied another long held desire this week.....bought my first Leica camera. Yes, it's true.....from my first experience with photography almost 38 years ago, I have dreamed of someday owning both a Hasselblad and a Leica camera. The Hasselblad most of all, if only because of those beautiful big negatives and transparencies.

I opted for the SLR instead of a rangefinder. Picked up a beautiful condition R8 with motor drive, motor winder and separately, three lenses (50mm f2 Summicron, 28mm f2.8 Elmarit and 90mm f2.8 Elmarit). All three lenses the latest versions.

As with the Hasselblad V-series and Zeiss lenses, it's really a joy just to hold equipment of this caliber, but I'm sure that using them will bring even more enjoyment over the coming years!

Gary
Alaska

Attachments

• Leica R8 with Motordrive.jpg
    EXIF
    Leica R8 with Motordrive.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Leica R8 with Motordrive.jpg
    EXIF
    Leica R8 with Motordrive.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 54
As soon as the M8 was avaible I baught one and lenses: Summilux asph 35,50, Summicron 90mm AA a 135mm T-E and a Biogon 21mm 4.5 (my new SWC ?)

The day I got the M8 (more than 2 years ago)I told the seller that I will never buy film anymore.
I got a M6 4 months ago and the last month I baught...60 fujichrome films.

I use Leica M cameras for snapshots, e.g. for business trips, children birthdays, kindergarden parties,....

Ulrik

Back