DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Which one would you prefer? A200, A300, A350 or A700?

dirk

DPRF-Founder
Administrator
Hi

I would be interested in your view on this. If you would have the money as of today, which one of the new Sony Alpha DSLRs would you buy? And why?

A200, A300, A350 or A700?

A350 if I didn't already have one. A700 because I do.

The A350 live view is great for tripod work and for those low viewpoints. I use a 1.3 eyepiece magnifier which is a great improvement. The A350 live view lacks the 100% 10X magnification which would make it great. The quick AF is not important to me, the tilting screen is.

The A700 would be better for manual focusing I think. I think for long telephoto or maybe macro the larger focusing screen on A700 is better.

Image quality on both cameras is very good.

Which Sony DSLR

HI Dirk, Marc Williams (Fotografz), I just joined your Sony/Minolta forum!

My choice is the A900. I have two of them : -) and all of the full frame Zeiss lenses (16-35/2.8, 24-70/2.8, 85/1.4, 135/1.8 plus a few select Sony lenses, (50/1.4, 70-200/2.8G APO, 500/8 AF Mirror.)

Why? Because this is the camera and lenses the Contax ND could have eventually been, except some of the Zeiss lenses are even better, and in effect they are all VR/IS because of the Super Steady Shot built into the camera.

Terrific camera with a lot of promise.

Marc,

Good to see you here as well :)

I just met Dirk last night and had dinner together, so here I am :)

Cheers,
Edward

Hi guys !!!!

I just did a PM exchange with Dirk.

Good to be here.

Let's get this Sony forum Rockin' and Rollin'.

Lets start a image post ... and see some shots !!!!!

Back