DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Mounting CY manual lenses on Canon DSLR D60

G

I know that there are adapters out there to mount Zeiss lenses to Canon bodies. I'm wondering if anyone has done this. I'm not really trying to junk my Contax bodies for Canon. My main purpose is to explore the possibility of using all my Zeis prime lenses on the Canon Digital SLR D60.

I think if this can work, its a good option. A lot cheaper compared to buying the N Digital, and yet have to acquire the new N mount lenses.

Any comments?

Only if you can afford to shoot slow. You have to manually stop down the lens. Fine for scenics and landscapes but I couldn't deal with it for normal shooting of things that are happening.

> Posted by steve leonardo on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 - 6:42 pm: > > I know that there are adapters out there to mount Zeiss lenses to > Canon bodies. I'm wondering if anyone has done this. I'm not really > trying to junk my Contax bodies for Canon. My main purpose is to > explore the possibility of using all my Zeis prime lenses on the Canon > Digital SLR D60. > > I think if this can work, its a good option. A lot cheaper compared to > buying the N Digital, and yet have to acquire the new N mount lenses.

Hi Steve, I bought my adapter for around USD90 at ebay.com from a Hongkong guy. works great on EOS 620 in AV-Mode (set to 1.0) However, my experience is: it sticks most of the time on the SAME lens and I do not use my other zeiss lenses (but my Sigma 3.8-5,6/28-135mm IF ASPH instead) Plan an adapter for every lens. This sums up $$$

Back