DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

News Nanny bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see how long the posting will stay visible.

If they delete it, there is still the option to use PMs to invite friends. ;)

It is embarrassing how much kindergarden these attempts to block us are.
Well as moderator I think I have been very even handed and I don't think that any of my posts could be deleted without showing some huge bias.

Why would current dpreview management care where the herd might wander after the site is closed down?

I've seen some posts where members seem to think that it's vital everyone "stays together". But it's a free world and people will go where they choose. At the moment the DP Revived forums have a poor interface, and it looks like many of the banned trolls have come back to ply their trade again.

I think most people just want a forum which is informative and interesting to read. It also needs to be enjoyable which means sensible moderation to keep the trolls at bay. I agree on the interface The look and feel of this forum is much nicer than the other one which I find messy and confusing. Ultimately, users will gravitate to the forum which best meets their needs.

Why would current dpreview management care where the herd might wander after the site is closed down?

It is not the management. It is one moderator and "his friends"

and I don't think that any of my posts could be deleted
Maybe you should have a talk with another dpreview moderator, who experienced that already. I will not post names in public.

Just to be clear. I do not mind if there are other alternatives. Choice is good. I just do not like that forum A is allowed to do whatever they want incl. bad-mouthing us, but forum B gets blocked.

Both should have the same rights at dpreview.

There is enough space for 2. There are tons of other forums out there anyway. So what? People shall pick whatever they prefer. :z04-essen:

I've seen some posts where members seem to think that it's vital everyone "stays together".
That's pretty lame when you think about it. I have signed up to both. It doesn't have to be one or the other...

The mod in question Dirk, did the name start with an "M" and end in a "1" ???

Bear in mind that the dpreview moderators tend to work in isolation most of the time so there is no 'club' so as to speak. Furthermore moderators get a fairly free leash on their attitude to activity being moderated..

But I did, and still have, a very good working association with my fellow M4/3 moderator Martin Ocando.

I have had no evidence of a conspiracy nor have I been invited to join one.

There have been threads on my forums advocation this or that forum - I have just let them run to either succeed or collapse under their own weight.

I think that the forum that is receiving ire here was getting more bad press from firmware bugs than it was getting plaudits for being the saviour of the dpreview forum membership.

Please, arguing about the opposition here does no good and it is best simply to make this forum a very pleasant place to be both to submit and receive information and just have a friendly chat spiced with a little humour.

Just to be clear. I do not mind if there are other alternatives. Choice is good. I just do not like that forum A is allowed to do whatever they want incl. bad-mouthing us, but forum B gets blocked.

Both should have the same rights at dpreview.

There is enough space for 2. There are tons of other forums out there anyway. So what? People shall pick whatever they prefer. :z04-essen:
My reading of the situation is not that it was deliberately blocked - at least not on my forums - if there was deletions of posts then I cannot answer to that.

But what might appear to be a forum-block in my opinion was just an unexpected intervention by the dpreview nanny bot which saw the forum name as too close to that of dpreview and stopped it because it might have possibly been a spam site impersonating dpreview for some nefarious reason.

I have reported this to Admin but I doubt if anything can be done this close to the putting up the shutters.

The nanny bot on dpreview kills all references to dprforum.com as a 'not allowed' URL. I am now referenceing this forum as dpr forum.com which the Nanny does not recognise as a threat.

It would be a pity if this forum was denied all mention on the last gasps of dpreview.
Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 8.01.16 AM.png

This one got through!!
I wasnt allowed to post the URL to this...I guess there a bots here too??

I would air people on the side of caution, the he said, she said & general penis points that is going on doesn't help any site - better to concentrate on whats happening here IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back