DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

The adapter is only 10% of the difficulty...

Thanks Uwe!.
I got a NIkon one for the Canon, and it was a nice improvement... Maybe it will hopefully fit in the Sigma as well.
If not I'll go for the Pentax one. :)
Nice to hear the SD14 has gotten rid of the dark square, this should improve a lot the focusing... T(his puts me closer to go for an SD14).

Kind regards,
Jes.

Hi All,

The Pentax viewfinder magnifier is a valuable aid to manual focussing.

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Back to the initial topic:

This is the lens I used to take the above pictures mounted on the SD9:

View attachment 1053

The adapter is one from Poland. I got another M42 to SIGMA from Virtual Village, but it's not very good in design, it lacks the flange to push the aperture pin on the M42 lenses, the diameter is smaller and it's very difficult to remove from the camera...

View attachment 1054

The left one is the polish one. The only drawback, it's made of alu...

Kind regards,
Jes.

Attachments

• R0013042.JPG
    EXIF
    R0013042.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 7
  • R0013051.JPG
    EXIF
    R0013051.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 9
Hi Jes,
we´ll have to wait and see what the new TRUE II processor will be.
I hope there will be some noticeable improvement.
The TRUE I in the DP1 already does a great job.
Regards Uwe

Back to the initial topic:

This is the lens I used to take the above pictures mounted on the SD9:

View attachment 1127

The adapter is one from Poland. I got another M42 to SIGMA from Virtual Village, but it's not very good in design, it lacks the flange to push the aperture pin on the M42 lenses, the diameter is smaller and it's very difficult to remove from the camera...

View attachment 1128

The left one is the polish one. The only drawback, it's made of alu...

Kind regards,
Jes.

Hi Jes,

the black adapter is the high-quality one from Poland. It does a perfect job!

The other one seems to be a Pentax-K type, that does not really fit the SIGMA-SA mount. That the aperture pin is not pressed is the other thing (you mentioned that). The worst thing then is, that its flange-to-film adjustment is wrong. If I am right, you should be able to focus wider than infinity!?? The lens then is to close to the image sensor .... I once had such an adapter ... it is no use.

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Back