DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Flashsync on my Rx

larsson

I have an sunpack 3600 flash with my Rx. The thing is that when i use the camera with the flash on it automatically sets it self to 1/60... everytime. Isn't the flashsync on the rx 1/125? is there any way i can change this? "clueless"

> Johan,

Sounds like you are shooting in A(perature) priority mode. You can also shoot in M(anual) mode and set your shutter speed to 1/125th. Set the Aperature according to the guide number of your flash if your sunpack has a manual mode (GN in feet divide by distance of subject is equal to the f-stop.) I don't know if the 3600 allows you to shoot in TTL mode or A mode?

Michael.

I tink it's A mode but i don't really know... I've never been very enlightened when it comes to flashes :p
I'll look around for the manual.

If you shoot in M or Tv mode, you always can manually set shutter speed to 125. In Av and P mode, the camera will set the speed between 1/60 and 1/125, depending on the chosen aperture and the ambiance light. So you will only get 1/125 in Av or P mode if you are shooting at bright daylight, when the camera decides to do fill-flash. As in P mode the aperture is chosen automatically by the camera - depending on what kind of ISO film you are using - and this usually won't be the one with the largest opening, you will rarely see 1/125 flash-sync in P mode. Using Av mode at least allows you to manually set the largest aperture and thus forcing the camera's automatics to choose 1/125 sync-speed as soon as it's programming allows it.
Remember, all these routines only work with a dedicatet TTL-Flash (I don't know if the Sunpak belongs to that category). If the flash is not TTL, you would have to dial up 1/125 in M mode, choose an aperture and set up your flash accordingly.
Hope this helps, as the manual is quite unclear about it.
Marc

thanks Marc i tnik i get it now
happy.gif

Back