WTB 50mm f14 MM Zeiss Planar T

Trader history for ronone10 (0)

ronone10

Hello,

I am new to the forum and hope that someone will stop me from buying a new 50mm f/1.4 MM Zeiss Planar T* from B&H. There must me someone who has a mint, like-new 50mm for sale. I prefer to buy from a USA seller and like to use Paypal.

If you do have one, please give me your best description of the lens condition, especially if there is any dust behind the glass. Photos would be great too. Having the original box and all paper work is a plus.

Thanks...Ron

jsmith45

I have bought all but two of my Zeiss lenses at KEH. They are conservative in their ratings, so you can be pretty sure of not getting a bad one. I recently bought a 50/1.4, 35, and 28 from them.

ronone10

Jeffery,

Thanks for the tip. They also have a return policy wihtout a restocking fee so if the condition isn't what I expected, it can be returned. I may seriously consider them.

Regards, Ron

P

pablo

i'm replacing my leica r3 + 50 summicron lens with a contax g2 with 35mm lens, does this sound like a good move?, will the picture quality be as good on the contax?,

nicolas2

Paul,
Far better. Good move but another universe. I switched from leica M to G2/G1 with pleasure. But I've never been ease and free with slr's. I prefer rangefinder. So it was another choice. I've the 21, the 35 and the 90. I love them, each for some special and good reasons.

P

pablo

What is a good price to pay in UK currency for a G2 with either 45 or 35mm lens? obviously secondhand.

T

trobinson

I recently paid £520 for a perfect mint G2 body and £160 for the 45mm at a very reputable London dealer. That seems reasonable if you want 'as-new.

I've seen several bodies in London shops for £499.

P

pablo

Is the G2 ideal for documentary photography?, will the lens give good B/W pictures?.

wilsonlaidlaw

Tim,
You could do worse than try MXV in Uckfield, Sussex. I have bought and sold from them a number of times and found their prices to be fair and products well checked by a professional bunch of guys. S/H prices seem to be a little less than London dealers (smaller mark ups ?).
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
I bought my G2 and 45mm in black from them for total GBP 515. Been delighted with it. Usual disclaimers as to any interest in the company. Wilson

P

pablo

Anyone in London have a contax g2 with 35mm or 45mm lens for sale?.............come on there must be!

M

mike_nunan

Paul,

I'd suggest you speak to Aperture Photographic on Museum Street in Holborn. I've dealt with them a lot and they are the epitome of a good small camera shop. On their website at the moment they have a "Mint-" G2 body for £470 and "Nr. Mint" 45mm lens for £160:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

HTH

-= mike =-

bring

Ron, don't know if you're still looking for a 50mm f1.4 Planar T* but I have one for sale! This is an MM Type with orig box, paperwork, and caps for $135. I bought it new and really haven't used it. Let me know if you're interested. I can send a photo to you if you'd like. Thanks.