DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

MFS1 Focussing Screen

R

reflector

i sometimes have some problems to find the right point of sharpness - the solution was, to use the waistlevel-finder with magnifier.

could the mfs-1 screen, which offers a center horizontal split-image spot, could help me finding the right point of focus somehow easier and faster???

best
robert

Robert, I use the C645 and have installed the split prism focussing screen. I have never had a problem with focussing either manual or AF. I don't use the WLF (don't own it) I was having difficulty with the standard screen but find the split image just fine. Another (cheaper) way is just be guided by the focussing confirmation dot.
Again, I find this deadly accurate. Whilst not truly a "professional", I cannot afford to have out of focus images for my clients!
Colin

colin, thank you for your fast reaction!!!. i'll order and check out with the mfs-1 [ it's not too much money for = sharp images ;) ] with the focussing confirmation dot everythings fine, when the point = of sharpness is in the center. if not it might result in unsharpness... thank you again. best robert

I now got the focussing screen MFS-1 with split prism and it's much easier focussing for me and more accurately to set the spot of focus (i sometimes was misguided by the focussing confirmation dot).
robert

Robert, Glad you find the screen to your liking.
As mentioned earlier, I leave mine in permanently.
Colin

I Just ordered a used mfs-1 from adorama for $45.00 in e+ condition; suposely.
For those people running out of funds buying millions of stuff.
They may have a few more.

Back