DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax G2

Alan
I'm not sure how fast it is but thought you might like to see this series of a small race car travelling at approx 60-70mph through some interesting corners at Cadwell Park in the UK. Didn't miss anything. Sharp good colours with 90mm lens.
board-post.cgi

I've been shooting with with the G1 for years and never noticed this feature before, but below the shutter speed wheel, there's a sliding rotary wheel that says +- .5 and +- 1. I accidentally shot my job at the +-1 setting.

I need to know what to rate my film at. I don't think it's exposure compensation as that is on the shutter speed wheel. Please help. I shot neg, so it should be fine and I'd rather not snip my film. Thanks and please feel free to email me at smn@mogulsoft.com Thanks.

Hi,
Don't worry - be happy!

You just found your camera's auto bracket feature. When the switch is set to one or other of the settings you will see the film counter blinking. The camera then fires the next three shots, two of which are either side of your metered setting.

Clive

i'm considering getting a new flash unit for my g2, i'm considering the metz 54 because at some stage i woulg like to own a contax 645 and feel this flash unit would serve both bodies well, do any members have any advise they could serve me with this regards.

metso

I just purchased at G-2 with a 28, 45, and 90 and had difficulty with exposure when I photographed my 22 year old daughter and the photo was over exposed (focus was sharp. This was shot with Kodak negative film and I viewed the negative and the negative indicates that my daughters face is over exposed s so it is not in the printing). My daughter was in shade and her image (from chest to head) took up 3/4 of the frame with a darker greenery in the background making the balance of the frame. The sun was not a factor, as she, the camera and I were all in shade. She was wearing a light blue t-shirt but her face was in the center of the frame. The exposure of nearly all of the pictures on the roll seemed OK, but were of different subject matter. Since exposure metering is center averaging, not spot and I am new with the G-2, what technique can I use in the future the G-2, that would have achieved better exposure? Any suggestions??

Hi Howard,

It might help if you loaded the picture onto this site once the gallery is up and running. It is hard to give an opinion without it. (You can send it to me by e-mail if you wish).

Secondly, if anyone is interested Michael Huppert is knocking out new G2s and lenses out on eBay Germany for a lot less than retail prices. He lists one of each every week. Not only cameras and lenses - he does those nice Billingham bags and natty Zeiss Wristwatches too! Now I can wear my heart on my sleeve (well just below it, but you know what I mean?)

Clive

I heard at my dealer that there was going to be a T3 digital. I read here that there may be a G3 digital. Any solid information? I would love to have either one.

Hi, owned my G2 for about 6months now after trading in Nikons and Bronica equipment that I used as a pro. I am begining to regret it ! Is it me, or is the AF easily fooled? Is it me, or are 25% of the shots of centre? Seems there's a mis match between the fiewfinder and the lens which (if you do weddings) is unacceptable. If you blow 5 shots out of 100 because of AF; that's too many. (makes U look soo stupid) Why have ace lenses that don't focus reliably? I know that the flash is a joke, so I kept my speedlite & Metz guns. Because I have low confidence in it's focusing, my wide aperture work(particularly with flash) is a lottery to say the least. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, if anyone can help me get over this, I will be a very happy bunny indeed, because the rest of theoutfit is phenominal. billius@yesmate.com

>This was a real downer for me, going back into photography after nearly 40 years (I worked for PIX, Inc., NYC, then veered off into academia). I have a G2 (bought on basis of advanced features v. Leica) and have been accumuluating its dedicated Zeiss lenses, with which no one seems to find fault. But is the G2 RF as error-prone as indicated here, regarding autofocus? Granted, the center does not snap into focus as I would wish, but is using the G2 in action at larger apertures really a crapshoot? I can't afford to waste time on a less than first-class system, so I ask the membership for their opinions. If the G2 is really a complicated loser, will the Zeiss lenses work unmodified with other bodies, and tilt the odds of success in my favor? I'm going off-country, and need to have wise counsel.

Thanks, guys.

Mike Gregory

P.S. Anybody have any luck getting one's photographs held by Time/Pix acknowledged among their holdings? How about Farbbild Agentur? The agencies seems to have become Black Holes.

Hello,
i've bought a G2 5 months ago and i'm very happy, i usually shoot landscapes and i have such good pictures... but now i'd like to use ND grad filters for some best results..? Is it possible to plug these filters on a rangefinder camera?
thank you 2,Guys
sebastien
s.marsigny@swing.be

Back