DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Hawley Lock Basin

biglouis

Attachments

• hawley-lock-basin-01.jpg
    EXIF
    hawley-lock-basin-01.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 22
  • hawley-lock-basin-01.jpg
    EXIF
    hawley-lock-basin-01.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 21
Excellent exposure Louis,
Looks like this is the Leica exile group with Andy and now you posting here.
Enjoy the SWC!
Dave

Yes, I was surprised (pleasantly) to see you and Andy here. I know Rolo is around somewhere (I think). Are there others?

LouisB

Excellent exposure Louis,
Looks like this is the Leica exile group with Andy and now you posting here.
Enjoy the SWC!
Dave

Just read a strange word, begins with an L......
I will let it pass this time :z04_kommmalherfreun

I welcome everybody here and please note an SWC is nothing but a grown up L.... camera with a superb wide angle lens.
Try shooting hyperfocal.
At F5.6 everything from 2m till infinity is sharp.

Very nice image Louis!

When I see an image like this, with water right up to the foundations of the buildings, I always wonder how they manage to keep the water out of the basements. :confused:

Gary

Very nice image Louis!

When I see an image like this, with water right up to the foundations of the buildings, I always wonder how they manage to keep the water out of the basements. :confused:

Gary

Gary, thanks.

I have to say I also wondered the same thing. I just assume that the buildings have deep foundations and are probably lined. I'm sure the buildings in Venice have similar issues!

LouisB

Wonderful colours in this.

Re the buildings, I assume (don't you hate that word) their below ground/water level walls are part of the canal walls - after all, the canal walls keep the water in (otherwise it would all leach away into the soil eventually) so I guess they do it just as well in reverse. Bet they are damp inside though.

Thanks for all the comments. For those who may not know, the building with the 'egg cups' on it is the London MTV studios.

Analog6: that makes sense, the canal was completed long before the buildings so I suppose they just incorporated the canal walls into their foundations.

LouisB

Back