DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

User comments btil June 2003

Ken,

OK, is your film holder set to the right type of film, i.e. 120 or 220?

Ken,

Try removing your battery and reinserting it. It may not have made proper contact.

>the holder is set to 120, we changed out the battery and tried another, put a second roll of film in and still no shutter. thanks to everyone

Ken,

The shutter will work with the Body on its own.
Please try the following.
Remove the lens, filmback and prism.
Now you have the body on its own, remove the battery and leave for 15 secs then insert again.
Mode selector set on Manual.
Focus control on Manual.... White M by your thumb
Ensure ABC top panal is set at 0.
Lastly drive control is set at S.
Now try firing the shutter taking care not to let anything touch the shutter blades.
Shutter should fire if its O.K.
Then rebuild the system back.
When built and after touching the shutter release the camera should make a noise as the film advance motor tries to load the film or search for a film, only then will the shutter fire provided you have removed the dark slide.
Remember also when using the 645 if focus control is set to S SAF Mode the shutter will not fire unless the camera has focused on the subject.

All the best
Bob

> it fires as soon as you put the back on it stops. i tried taking the insert out , removed the film and still does not fire. thanks for the help. ken

I have just had my 645 Body replaced without question by Kyocera UK. Again, many thanks to Frazer Allen.

If you have any problems with your cameras you should immediately return them to point of sale. If your cameras are older, like mine, you should contact your country's importer/distributer.

I will have no hesitation in the future in contacting Kyocera UK as I know I will receive excellent service.

question re: ND grad filters. i have the 35mm distagon and the 80mm planar. would like to get a good set of grads, such as singh ray. what's your advice, as it appears the regular singh rays do not reach the 95mm filter size of the wide angle lens? any other good options?

I use Sing-Ray's Galen Rowell and Sinar ND grads with the Lee filter holding system, mainly on my Distagon 45 mm (with 72 mm thread).=20

The Sing Ray ND grads can be ordered on www.sing-ray.com in special sizes, so it should be possible to have them large enough for the 95 mm thread of the 35 mm Distagon.=20

I'm not sure about the filter holding system, however. But try to check whether the Lee or Cokin system adapts to the 95 mm thread.

Kaare

Back