DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Next Lens

PentUp

The next lens that I'm likely to buy (because it’s on special - display item in my local store) is the DA* 60-250 F/4 SDM.

Come on Pentax, I'm trying to support you, so PLEASE, release a lens that actually interests me into opening my wallet, or I'm only going to buy discontinued Pentax products or products from other manufacturers...

The next lens that I'm likely to buy (because it’s on special - display item in my local store) is the DA* 60-250 F/4 SDM.

Come on Pentax, I'm trying to support you, so PLEASE, release a lens that actually interests me into opening my wallet, or I'm only going to buy discontinued Pentax products or products from other manufacturers...
Oh no . . . products from other manufacturers. . . :cool:

D o o o m .

The 60 to 250 is a stunning lens and it is really surprising if they drop it from the shelves. The lenses you want PENTAX to make are what ?? 150 to 600mm F6.3 ?
What is the lens you want from Ricoh PENTUP ?

Regards Dino26323

This weekend I got together with someone who has Pentax gear and this lens, but bought a Canon camera and an expensive Canon birders lens. He said he utterly regrets this move. He prefers the 60-250 so much, he is willing to compromise on the smaller reach of that lens.

The 60 to 250 is a stunning lens and it is really surprising if they drop it from the shelves. The lenses you want PENTAX to make are what ?? 150 to 600mm F6.3 ?
What is the lens you want from Ricoh PENTUP ?

Regards Dino26323
LOL ... Since you asked... I want a DA (or DFA) HD 55-550mm f/4-6.3 AW DC (or SDM) :)

Until then My Sigma 50-500mm f/4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM is staying wrapped in cotton wool.

This weekend I got together with someone who has Pentax gear and this lens, but bought a Canon camera and an expensive Canon birders lens. He said he utterly regrets this move. He prefers the 60-250 so much, he is willing to compromise on the smaller reach of that lens.
The 60-250 F/4 (with the K-3iii's 1.7 crop mode) becomes an interesting prospect as a 102-425 f/4.... with the ability to isstantly change back to 60-250 f/4 without changeing lens in the field... thus giving a potential F/4 constant zoom range of 60-425mm (if my math is on spec).

No matter what brand you have there are thumping great holes.
I hate mirrorless viewfinders but Canon Nikon DSLRS do not give me IBS on all lenses. If you like electronic viewfinders then that is not a problem now but it is only last few yrs those two brands offered IBS. What about the other 15 yrs and more.
Am I right in thinking Nikon nor Canon nor Sony make a 50 to 550mm in your spec so that is tricky one PENTUP. :geek:

How about a two camera solution PENTUP with a lens for the short end between 50 and 150 ( or 300mm.) Is that too crazy ? Not ideal but perfection is not really available for anyone mostly. EG Nikon make a 200mm F2 BUT HAVE YOU SEEN THE SIZE AND WEIGHT OF THAT THING ?
Just thoughts so sorry if these are too crazy.

Am I right in thinking Nikon nor Canon nor Sony make a 50 to 550mm in your spec so that is tricky one PENTUP. :geek:
You are right, they don't... but Sigma makes a 60-600 in Canon and Nikon DSLR mounts.

Back