DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

N to Eos adapter is it possible

OK! I got my 24-85 and 100 Macro back from Bo-Ming today, and they seem to be working fine. I had a panic moment with the 100 when it refused to focus and kept hunting and got nowhere near focus, but then realized it had been switched to Zone mode and I obviously was in the wrong zone. It works fine, but as everybody points out, man this is a noisy mother when going from one extreme to the other! Must be why they came up with the zone mode
happy.gif
. Meanwhile Bo-Ming's searching for an AF motor for the 17-35. I never heard back from TOCAD. I'm getting itchy for that dude
z04_smileys70.gif

And now my real rant with Contax NA! They're %@&*! web site 100/2.8 Macro section indicates the 100 takes a GB-77 hood, as does their on-line N-1 brochure, so that's what I got. Well it don't - the danged thing doesn't fit
angry.gif
. OTOH, the GB-75 I got for the 70-300 does. Can I sue their a$$? What a pain.

Anybody know what the GB-77 fits? Either I sell the hood or I need to buy another lens ...

I believe the 100mm f2.8 uses the GB-73 hood. Same hood is used on the 120mm f4 Makro as well. And if I am not mistaken, the broshure calls out the right hood type. These can usually be had for around $150 or so.

Mark, thanks for the reference. I'll see where Bo-Ming is in acquiring the motor, and if he's having a hard time I'll check with Nick.

Pascal, straight out of the on-line brochure:

488466.jpg

GB-77 is for 70-200mm.

Original spec for the 100mm is the Vario-Sonnar
T*100mm lens which supposed to used GB-77. But the production lens is Makro-Sonnar T*100mm. I was very confused when this lens first listed in B&H.

I bet 70-200mm works better than the 70-300mm in Cannon as it has seperate manual focus switch. But I guess Bo-Ming's conversion works fine on both. When I have time, I will send all my N lenses to Bo-Ming. What I really want is the C645 adapter for Canon.

My 17-35mm now lists as converted I am just waiting on the 24-85mm and 70-300mm. I will send the 28-80mm and 70-200mm as soon as Bo-Ming starts doing them. This all very exciting for an ageing eccentric.
Oh well it is just too much fun.
Jack

Jack, believe me you're not the only ageing (aged?) eccentric here
happy.gif
. Although oddball might be more apt in my case ...

Well,
I received my 17-35, 24-85, and 70-300 yesterday
z04_angeber.gif
They appear to work just fine. I am very excited to get out and try them now
z04_kommmalherfreundchen.gif

I must say that I find them very quiet.
Jack

Hi Jack ,

This doesn't really relate to this topic but maybe you and others can help. I received my 24-85 back from repair in Japan. I think that the focusing is slower than when it went away. How long do your lens take to focus from near to infinity focus, mine takes just over a second and seems as slow as my AX. Normal focusing seems to be a bit on the slow side as well. The body was also checked out as well and a new battery is installed. Maybe I have forgotten with it being so long away for repair. I would be grateful if any one could help.

PS any one got a working ND for $500?
happy.gif

Paul

Does Bo-Ming convert N 50/1.4 to EOS? This is the lens I really want to use with my Canon Gear.

Soon, when I have time, I will sell my:

ND (not for $500 for sure)
N 70-300
N 17-35
N 24-85

all in mint condition.

Stay tuned on the B/S thread or eBay.

Back