DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Boat-tailed Grackle: OM-1 with Olympus 40-150 F2.8 Pro + MC 1.4, F4.0 @1/667, ISO 320

Joe Trimarchi

20230406_191259.png

Only seen them on the net. Fantastic colours they have and well shown in this. Great shot and nice work.

Danny.

Nice capture Joe, that glossy blue sheen is impressive.

That's a super shot of a notoriously difficult to capture bird. The colours in the sheen look great.

My only very minor criticism is that he'd be better moved to the left in your crop so he'd be looking into the frame rather that looking out of it. But I know that's not always possible and we have to take what we can get.

That's a super shot of a notoriously difficult to capture bird. The colours in the sheen look great.

My only very minor criticism is that he'd be better moved to the left in your crop so he'd be looking into the frame rather that looking out of it. But I know that's not always possible and we have to take what we can get.
Thanks. The birds just never seem to both pose correctly and in the perfect location. I'm forever cropping or trying to hide bits and pieces.

Back