DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Pbase.com - embed images into the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

amadeus21

Now I really have to say that Sandy's suggestion of asking for LARGE pictures but managing them with the mobile phone is a bit ridiculous. Either I'm sitting at a real PC (or better Apple ;-)) and working with real pictures - or I'm tinkering with a mouse cinema. My daughter had to write a medical exam for her nursing training - and weeks later I found out that she was doing this on her cell phone during the night shift! oh dear. Even the proofread of me at a PDF she re-typed into her cellphone.

Now, Sandy's Flickr experiments aside, Dirk, could you answer the QUESTION why when I embed links/images from pbase. com here, one only sees the text of the link but not the image or better a thumbnail of it?
That would be good for everyone who has a pbase account!

Best regards
Johannes

@amadeus21

Maybe it is better, if I split this file-size thread into two different ones. One for Flickr and one for Pbase. Because bothe questions are less about file sizes and more about the different ways to show images with these two different external webhosters. Otherwise we will loose the overview. Give me a minute...

Hello Dirk (You are from Wiesbaden, right? :)

we are discussing an important aspect of all the forum here in the Sigma forum, where I originally wanted to post nice, large pictures, but not those problems.

I do not succeed in posting pbase pictures in the "sandbox" – there isn't shown a pict, but only the link. That's weired.
Your instruction how to embedd images is too short ...

Johannes

Look here:

Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-16 um 15.39.40.jpg

I moved this posting into this thread to have all pbase postings in one thread

could you answer the QUESTION why when I embed links/images from pbase. com here, one only sees the text of the link but not the image or better a thumbnail of it?

let me search. I think we had a solution for pbase already.

173531352.BlHQhdx0._SDI2482.jpg

I see it before I hit reply, but after that not. This is size large.

(as a reminder for me: I first choose the site below the pbase image, then I rightclick on the image an copy the URL. Do not copy the URL from the browser-field!
Then I click in our forum in the textbox at the top the icon "insert image" or CTRL+P. After that pick the tab with the chain and insert the link in that address field. Exif data are shown.)

Screenshot how it looks with file size "large" before I hit "reply" below:

tests_pbase_large.jpg

Last edited:
mmmhhh...

It seem that the problem with Pbase appears only, if the file size choosen is either large or auto. The other sizes do work.

Is there a way at Pbase to have an individual size whch is bigger than "medium" but smaller than "large"?

Strangely the Exif data are not visible at pbase with smaller sizes. This is why they are neither shown here. I have to check this with another browser.

Last edited:
mmmhhh...

It seem that the problem with Pbase appears only, if the file size choosen is either large or auto. The other sizes do work.

Is there a way at Pbase to have an individual size whch is bigger than "medium" but smaller than "large"?

Strangely the Exif data are not visible at pbase with smaller sizes. This is why they are neither shown here. I have to check this with another browser.
It could be that the software on the pbase servers that creates the smaller size versions from the original, does not preserve the Exif data…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back