DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Film AN INCONVENIENT TRUTHyou must go and see it

grumpoid

Hi all,

I have never made any public plea before, so please be sure this is important...

Saw a film last night called AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH.

It has had great reviews and has done well in the USA...you must see it, especially if you have children, or have friends who do. It is not your usual film, it is a truthful documentary, not sensationalist, not full of speculation, just scientific fact. It is dramatic, fascinating, insightful, sad, moving and above all very scary.

It only has a limited release and here in the UK is on show right now, but only for about another week or so. if you cannot get to it, MAKE SURE you see it when it appears on DVD soon.

If you want more info then please go to www.climatecrisis.net

I must say, I am not a 'greenie', not an environmentalist, just a relatively normal UK guy becoming increasingly concerned..

PLEASE SEE this film.

cheers Steve.M. (WEST MIDS - UK)

Hi Steve,

I have just added it to my selection of DVD's at easycinema.com for when it is released.

Thanks for the tip. I had heard of the film and thought it looked interesting. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to it but definitely must see. Anything to help with this dire problem.

Cheers,
John

I saw the film on a flight to UK...and I am glad someone made this post on this forum. I know it may sound off-topic but in some ways you can argue it's related to nature photography.

Anyways, it has not nothing to do with Gore or if you are right or left. The movie is eye opening and it's a must see.

I also told myself to put the website in all my signatures when I saw the movie and ofcourse I forgot. So thanks to Steve for posting in this and reminding me again!

Hi, Just to say, I am not a political person and I find it sad that such an important issue is interpreted in that way. I am a UK citizen and certainly have no political leanings whatsoever in relation to the USA. I would also say that this issue has dire consequences for everyone and it has a right to appear on any forum, since we are all members of the human race... cheers Steve.M.

How is this in any way political Mark- especially for those of us who are not American? This afffects the whole world.

Gentlemen, we all have our concerns, causes and beliefs. Some of them dominate many of our waking moments.

There are a sparce few oasis that provide a resting point from the relentless intensity of those concerns, causes and beliefs.

This forum is one of them.

Amen ...

Guys, like many of you I belong to many forums in order to keep up and share in special interests. It's hard enough to keep up with the regular traffic. Every long-running off-topic conversation makes it more difficult to keep up.

While a bit of banter or chatter is fine and helps keep things light, this type of discussion does not. Or maybe Dirk can make an off-topic "Lounge" section, and then we could point to the particular thread there in other sections.

Cheers!

Hiya guys (and gals)

Just to say, apologies for placing the original post in the wrong section of the forum, I am notorious for being asleep for most of the time and was not 'of this earth' when I posted it.

cheers Steve.

Back